Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

I was a slug on Saturday. I never left the house except to get the mail. I sat
on my butt all day long, and finished a book. All outdoor chores were put on
hold.

Yes, I did bug Linda even if I wasn't with her on her shopping adventure
which lasted from 9:30 AM until 5 PM. I bugged her because I had totally
uninterrupted time to do absolutely nothing. I reminded her that she too enjoys
this situation when I am off to a Patriot Game. I also received no telephone
calls which she always gets when she is home alone. Maybe if we lived monastic
lives she would have great periods of time to do nothing, and interact with no
one.

I just got through firing up the crock pot. I decided to just give you the
recipe so that I don't have send it after you read my e-mail. Here it is:
3 to 4 pound pot roast
1 package of dry Lipton soup.
1 can of regular coke or 2 cans of diet
1/2 bag of ginger snaps broken up as you put them in the crock pot
Some water almost to the top of the beef roast
Low setting for 8 hours ( I put in a totally frozen roast so I will cook it 8
to 10 hours)

The ginger snaps cookies, Lipton soup, and the cola create a gravy that is
wonderful, and not sweet!

I am going to make a batch of my carrots, onions, and potatoes in a separate
pyrex dish. You could just put the vegetables in the crock pot while the roast
is cooking. I didn't want the vegetables and beef to all have the same flavor.

I am ready to read the newspapers. I have been going around the house changing
clocks back one hour. You would think that this would be a quiet activity, but
changing clocks on the microwave, and stove make beeping sounds.

I really am going to try and get outside, and do some chores today before my
professional football comes on television today. The most important game in my
mind is the Sunday night football game where my Patriots do battle with the
Colts in their dome at 8:30 PM.

The best college football game of the day was played last evening. The number
one rated team got knocked off by the number seven team. Being number one this
college football season is but a fleeting moment.

I think that Linda wants a totally uninterrupted day. I know that she has to
call her shopping girlfriend at mid morning. I know that she can care less about
football. I am not getting good vibes about her having a relaxing day. The least
I can do is let her sleep as long as she can.

Have to skim the local newspaper and the Boston Globe.
Talk to you soon.
Have a great Sunday. The Curley Lad

No comments: