Monday, November 10, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

My friends and I had a wonderful time at the New England Patriot football game. We once again had much food, fun, and merriment. The weather was spectacular for this time of the year.
We also had something to cheer about since the Patriots won the game, and knocked out a first place division rival.
They play a game on Thursday evening (8:30 PM) with a chance to knock out another division rival, the New York Jets. This is another home game, and yes, my friends and I will all be at the game.

Linda had a semi peaceful day for most of the day on Sunday. She left the house only to go out to supper with a couple of girlfriends. I used the word "semi " because the person who delivers the Sunday Boston Globe delivered the New York Times by mistake.
Linda didn't adjust to the mistake very well. As a matter of fact, she calls me as we were on the way to the game to asks me who delivers our Boston Globe. Well, we had a couple of different sets of names on the refigerator, and I couldn't remember which one was the current delivery person.
She knows that if I were home, I would have gone out a purchased a Boston Globe, and made her happy. See what I mean when I say that I bug her even when I am not at home.
She tried to solve the problem by calling the Boston Globe. They said that they were sorry for the mistake, and the paper would be delivered in 90 minutes. It didn't happen!

My social calendar has two items on it today. I am going off to my parents to do a few things for them this morning.
I also have to run a UNICO board meeting at 6 PM this evening at the Italian American Club.

Speaking of UNICO, I also have to find out how the pasta fundraiser went on Sunday when I was at the game. I will find our for sure at the Board meeting.

We are functioning with one car for a portion of the day since Linda's car it getting some brake work done. This might be a stressful situation.

Politics -- There was an article in the local newspaper the other day that said that our Universal Health Care system in Massachusetts was rated number one in the Nation.
Our Health Care system might be a model for the nation! Can you believe that coming from such a liberal State.
So in Massachusetts, we won't go to jail if we get caught with an once or less of marijuana. We now don't allow dog racing in Massachusetts. We have a pretty good health care system. We we still have gay marriage.
Don't you just love it?

Guns -- How about all the people going out, and purchasing guns of all shapes and sizes in the fear that Obama is going to take away their guns? I might know a few liberals who like the shooting sports who would probably put up a good fight to make sure that this won't happen. Where is Charlton Heston when you need him?
There has to be a way to keep the crazy people and gangs from getting weapons without infringing on our constitution rights. The bad guys always seem to be able to get guns no matter what laws we have in place.

Taxes -- How about all the millionaire athletes wanting to settle contracts before the new administration takes office in fear that they will take a higher hit on their taxes? I still remember the athlete who was upset a while ago because he wanted to renegotiate his contract, and he was meeting resistance. His rational to renegotiate was that "He had to feed his family". Tell that to a retiree on a fixed income, and with 401 K which has lost half of its value.

Maybe the statement "Less in more" would be a good wake up call for our Nation. The city leaders, and the school committee used to use that statement when my wife and I were teachers. Could it be true?

Well, I still think "Life is good!"
We can work around all the twists and turns which are before us each day. Stop complaining, and enjoy your family, friends, and life in general.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: