Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

My two hours of volunteering in the kitchen turned into 3 hours. We found out what we were preparing in the kitchen when my crew arrived at 10 AM.
There was a big cross town rivalry football game between St. Joseph's Catholic High School, and Pittsfield High School. The Catholic High School wanted us to prepare Macaroni Salad and Sloppy Joe's for 100 Alumni for a 7 PM affair. We accomplished that task, cleaned the kitchen, located in the school cafeteria, and left by 1 PM.

Linda decided to go to a craft's fair, and do a little recreational shopping with a friend while I was doing my thing.

I was able to squeeze in a power nap before went off to our evening adventure. We had a wonderful meal at a restaurant on the Pittsfiled / Lenox road that we have never eaten before except for the couple whom we were with. The food was prepared by a female Chinese chef who came out to see if we enjoyed the food. She stressed that all the ingredients were fresh, and contained no MSG. All of the different dishes which we had were absolutely wonderful. Yes, we would go to that restaurant again, and bring more of our friends.

The Rock & Roll Fundraiser at the Colonial Theater was also superb. We have been to many of these shows performed by local people before. I was a little hesitant about going because they are often so similar. Well, this one wasn't! The performance lasted for 3 hours (which is a bit long for me), but it was different enough to keep me awake until about 11 PM which is when it ended. If they ever did a repeat performance, I might consider going again. This is from a person who would normally be home watching a top college football game on a Saturday night!

In a few short hours , I will be off to the Masonic Temple volunteering for another event. My UNICO brothers & sisters will be putting on a Pasta Dinner for the local Special Olympics organization from 1 to 4 PM.

I have to leave at noon to go home and take a quick shower and head off to a UNICO Baseball Hall of Fame dinner / membership meeting. Linda is coming with me, but we are taking separate cars. A cocktail period takes place one hour before the 2 PM dinner. The awards part of the ceremony takes place after the meal.

If I still am not exhausted, I could attend a monthly meeting of the Italian American Club at 6:30 PM. They are nominating officers for next year. I am not volunteering for any jobs since I am already President of two other organizations, and a recording secretary for a third one.

When a front finally pushes through, we are in for several days of temperatures not getting out of the 30's. I am ready for winter even though some of my friends aren't. I never wore a jacket last evening to the restaurant or the theater, and it is the middle of November.

I watched some of Saturday Live, and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Linda recorded it, so I will finish watching it today.

I am going to read the local newspaper before I begin the activities for the day.

> Have a great Sunday.
> Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: