Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that you all had a pleasant Friday whether at work or play.
All my tasks were accomplished, and I have Linda back home. Life is good (at least for me).

The guy from the assessors office was at our house at 9 AM to do a 1 minute walk through of our house. I did ask him if it was legal for me to refuse such a request. His answer was "Yes". He said the he had people slam the door, and verbally abuse him when he (and a crew of workers) did canvass neighborhoods during the spring and summer.

My doctor's appointment went okay. I am on Naproxen right now to reduce the inflammation around a disk in my lower back. It was the first day, in several days, that my legs did not ache when I laid in bed while trying to get a good night's sleep.

Naproxen is some strong stuff that messes up your liver so that I must be monitored. I am hoping that my back problems can be solved naturally, and without surgery. Time will tell!

We had a nice meal at a Vietnamese restaurant which is where we met our wives on their journey home from New York City. More people are going to this restaurant since one of the son's won one of those Top Chef's contests on national television. We discovered the food was great before any of the chefs became famous.

I think Linda's goal today is to have a day of peace and quiet. As most of you know that doesn't happen too much if I am around.

My most difficult task is to set the menu for tailgating before the 1 PM Patriot Game in Foxboro on Sunday. I also have to confirm whether our friend from Attleboro, who lives 20 minutes from the Stadium, is going to bring his turkey fryer or not. The menu changes when you have to select foods to fry as compared to foods that require grilling. I saw that steak tips were on sale at a local supermarket. I would think that grilled food would be a bit more healthy than food fried in peanut oil.

Speaking of Turkey Fryers devices, I saw that the oil for Turkey Fryers was on sale at Walmart. I suggested to Linda that I should purchase some oil, and try frying a turkey. One of my Italian friends, whom I was with the other day at the Pasta Fundraiser, said that he cooks two turkeys every Thanksgiving at his house. Everyone at their gathering prefers the one which is cooked in the turkey fryer instead of the oven.
Linda said "No" to me using my tag sale Turkey Fryer to cook a turkey. She thinks that I could be one of those people who burn down their garage, and / or house. I am only allowed to cook using water, or to use the Turkey Fryer to keep soups, and stews warm. Doesn't this sound like Linda is the mother, and I am the child? Sometimes the child doesn't listen to his mother!

I have enough college football games to keep me entertained from noon until midnight. My back issues will be a good excuse for me to go into "slug" mode. The rain in the Berkshires also will contribute to me being a "slug" today.

Some of my friends think that I drive like the senior citizen in the 80 year plus range. They told me that I should drive one of those big Lincolns or Cadillacs, and put a row of hats on the shelf below the rear window of the car so that they know that I am a senor driver. They told me to wear those sun glasses which people wear after cataract surgery so that they know that I will be driving slow. Yes, I stop at yellow lights. I come to a complete stop before turning right on red. I stop for people in crosswalks. I am just a cautious, and courteous driver!

Well, I have to get a second cup of coffee.
I am really going to try and be quiet. I am hoping that Linda gets a chance to sleep as long as she wants today. I will even have a telephone nearby so that I can pick it up on the first ring. Maybe I will finish reading a book. Isn't that a quiet activity?

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: