Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a quiet day on Saturday for both Linda and I. I finished a book , and started another one.

Linda went to a crafts' fair for a couple of hours.
I overdosed on College Football as I started my book.

I gathered all my tailgating stuff for today's 1 PM Patriot game. They are playing the Buffalo Bills. There are many players on both teams who will be out because of injuries. My friend and I are not sure what we are going to see today. Of course , we think New England is going to come out a winner.
The menu for the tailgating is beef steak tips in a Teriyaki marinade. Our other friends, who never get there as early as we do, are bringing some Ginness Irish Beef Stew. Of course, we have the usual cheese and crackers, and we share food with the guys next to us in the parking lot. There will be a lot of food, beverages, and fun before we go into the stadium to actually watch the game.

I am not sure what the Queen is doing while am gone. She might go off to a place with a girlfriend an hour away called Trader Vick's and the Whole Food Market next door. For sure they will come home with some interesting goodies. The Whole Foods Market is where we get our Irish Bangers for the Pittsfield Ethnic Fair.

I am also going to drop off Linda's car at the auto mechanics on the way to the game. On Monday morning, they are going to replace the brakes, and a tire with a bubble in it.
We are trying to make that 1996 Neon last as long as possible.
Both cars are paid for, and we would like that situation to continue for a long time.

Of course , I am missing a fundraiser today. My UNICO brothers and sisters are preparing and serving a pasta dinner for a guy, who already passed away. The family decided to have the fundraiser because they are really hurting financially. The fundraiser will be at my ITAM Lodge.

There is also another fundraiser on Tuesday night at the Italian American Club for Italian Cultural Exchange Students. I am going to help prepare the food in the afternoon, but Linda and I have our Annual Irish Sister City covered dish affair at a former member's home. I am the recording secretary for the Irish Sister City organization, so my services are required.

People continue to ask: "What do you do during your retirement? Aren't you bored?".
I have trouble keeping straight all the things which I volunteer for. No moss grows under my feet.

Have a great Sunday! The Curley Lad

No comments: