Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

My Monday almost went as planned. A trip to the Greylock Credit Union was my first stop of the day. I had to drop some bills and receipts off to our UNICO Treasurer who is also a loan officer at the institution.
Next, I met my sister and my mother for Mom's appointment. It was with one of those "Dr. Phil" type of doctor's. Everything went well.

The afternoon appointment for my father was canceled and postponed to a later date. I was actually kind of nervous that my father had to eat a light breakfast, and then fast until 2 PM when he was scheduled for an ultrasound. I didn't think that he could physically make it from breakfast to the ultrasound without eating. I had fear that we would be picking him up off the ground. The rescheduled appointment is for 8:30 AM which is a much better time for the procedure.

Linda didn't exactly have the free day that she had planned. She loved it when I went for an afternoon nap.

Linda made a wonderful Italian Risotto in the crock pot to go a long with some leftover beef. It takes only two hours in the crock pot, and it was so creamy and delicious. I was getting tired of the boring brown or white rice which we get at a Chinese takeout.

I have a pot roast going right now in the crock pot on low. We are doing the one of the recipes which I shared with my readers which has the ingredients of: 1 pack of dry soup mix, 10 or 12 crumbled ginger snaps, and one can of regular cola (or 1.5 cans of diet soda), and the pot roast. I will do my carrots , onions, and potatoes in a separate pan.

Linda is off playing MahJongg with her normal Tuesday group. I have to attack the leaves which I didn't do yesterday because it was too windy.

I have a new gadget which I am learning how to master. I have a device called a Rotodent . It is a rotary tooth brush system. It is not one of those "Water Pick " devices. If I use it properly, I might not develop the great quantities of plaque which I have every time I go for my 6 month check up.
The first time that I used it caused quite a mess in the bathroom. I wasn't using common sense when I tried it for the first time. I put tooth paste on the brush, and turned the device "On". Well, you can visualize the tooth paste flying off the brush, and hitting everything in sight. I spent more time cleaning up than I did brushing my teeth.
I have to remember a three step procedure so that I don't make a mess: Put tooth paste on the brush, put the tooth paste laden brush on my teeth in my mouth, and then push the "On" button. I am getting good at the three step procedure, but I do mess up every once in a while. Linda bought me a container of "Handiwipes" just in case!

As I left my mother's Doctor's appointment, I was thinking that I could be like a Doctor Phil. The discussion was basically not to dwell on the past, and don't get hung up on the trivial stuff, and do things in life which make for a happy relationship as we grow older.
Also, when you have been married, or in a relationship with someone for a long time, give up trying to change that person. The doctor said to be kind to one another, and try and avoid saying mean things about one another. He stressed that separation for few hours at a time is good for a relationship. For a husband and wife to be together
24 / 7 for 365 days per year was a breeding ground for trouble. You don't have to tell me that!

All this goes back to the themes in many of my e-mails. Enjoy every moment that you are on this earth. Laugh at yourself, and life in general. Do you want your epitaph to read " The person who was always right", or the person who "Nagged her / his partner to the grave?" Life is Good", but take time to enjoy it!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: