Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was another quiet day for the Curley's.
Linda's retiree breakfast went well except one of the participants forgot to show up. They had to call her at home, and she did eventually show up. This friend even enlisted a new retiree to join their once a month breakfasts.
I am amazed how many people never write anything down in appointment books, or on calendars.

Linda went from the breakfast to a body maintenance appointment.

While she was doing her thing, I was doing mine. My first stop was to a friend's restaurant to make sure that all the ingredients for the sandwich making for today and tomorrow had been procured.

I had time to take an hour nap before I headed off to my retiree gathering at 3 PM. Some of the usual suspects didn't show up probably because they didn't write the date and time on their calendar at home. The organizer of the gathering forgot to invite certain people too.
As I left this gathering, we scheduled another one for Friday, December 19 at a different restaurant. Maybe these group of guys need to be sent a post card as a reminder. No , I am not the recording secretary of this group.

Well, I have to send some other e-mails.
I am picking up at friend at 7:50 AM who will be helping with the sandwich making.
Have a great weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: