Friday, November 14, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

My head hit the pillow a little after 9:30 PM last night. I was exhausted
from all the stuff which I did on Tuesday. I started off the day doing errands.
I guess I am starting to realize that going out for specific items can be
very time consuming. I had to go to three different stores to get three
different items. I like to go to one store and find everything that I am looking
for. Well, it didn't happen for me yesterday!
I had to go to Job Lots for the least expensive sardines. Sardines are one of
those foods which are good for male health. I am not allowed to eat the
sardines in front of Linda because the smell makes her want to gag. I love them.
The Golden Raisins are not for baking. Linda is going to try one of those
natural cures for arthritis. You take a handful of Golden Raisins, and soak them
in gin for 24 hours, and then eat the gin loaded raisins. I contend the gin
makes you forget about the pain from arthritis. Many people claim the arthritis
pain is very much alleviated with this raisin and gin concoction. I prefer my
gin with tonic water and a lime wedge. In a future e-mail , I will tell you if
this homeopathic remedy works like people says it does.

Linda went to her usual Tuesday Mahjongg session after a morning hair
appointment.

I went from errands to the Italian American Club to help my UNICO brothers
and sisters prepare for a Pasta Dinner fund raiser. I set up tables, and chopped
and diced vegetables for salad before I had to leave for our next adventure.

Linda and I took separate cars to the Pittsfield Irish Sister City Annual
meeting. I forgot that she also had her Monthly BONCO session at a friend's
house which she went to as the dinner party ended.
The covered dish affair was wonderful. There were 15 of us at a friends home.
I chose to sit with 9 women at the dinning room table. I shared some of our
crock pot recipes with them. They all wanted me to come to their houses, and
cook some food for them. I do assume that it was to cook food only!
Speaking of crock pot recipes, I just got through filling up the crock pot
with a soup concoction. Linda bought this Slow Cooker Gourmet Soup in a box
during one of her shopping adventures. Today's soup is called New York Italian
Deli Bean Soup Mix. The spice packet has salt free ingredients. The recipe on
the box requires three ingredients: Zucchini, Chicken, 15 oz can of diced
tomatoes, plus the beans in the box. We like soups which are a meal in itself.
So I added some onions, carrots, celery, and parsnips. About 30 minutes before
we eat, Linda will put in some of that mini Colavita macaroni. Some grated
cheese, and some Italian bread to soak up all those juices, and there is your
meal.

I forgot to mention that I violated the rule about being quiet while Linda
was sleeping. It was so hard to chop and dice vegetables quietly. The knife
hitting the cutting board was like the noise of a woodpecker when everything is
still in the woods. I am in the quiet mode right now. I think that she fell back
to sleep. I hope so. A tired and grumpy wife doesn't make for a pleasant day.

I have to attend a funeral service at a funeral home at 9:30 AM this morning
for the father of one of our UNICO members.
After the funeral service, I am going to make a grocery run for my
tailgating food for the Thursday night Patriot Game.
The rest of the day, I will be at Linda "beck and call". I will be moving
some of those plastic buckets which have Christmas related stuff in them. These
aren't the decoration set of buckets which are in the garage. I think that today
I will be moving only ten or 12 buckets (with my not so good back).

Well, I hope that you all have a great Wednesday.
Finish your outdoor activities today because Thursday is supposed to be a
rainy day including while I am at the Patriot Game on Thursday night.

No comments: