Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I must make a correction about one of the two babies born on November 24, 2008.
My niece had a boy, and not a girl. Linda and I stopped at Berkshire Medical
Center, and saw that bundle of joy before we headed east on Tuesday.

I am sending this e-mail from our friend's home in Tewksbury. We had a pleasant
day with them on Tuesday. I even had time to weave in a long nap before supper.
Even though I send an e-mail almost every day, we can always find something to
talk about. My seemingly "tell all" e-mails always have some information which I
do leave out.

Seven more friends and family will be with us this evening, some of whom are
staying over at the Brodeur home. There will be much fun and merriment before
this day is over.

After breakfast, and when everyone is totally awake. We will start chopping,
dicing, etc. in preparation for Thanksgiving Day. I think that the last count,
which is subject to change, is 17 people around the table. It will be another
day of great fun.
Kevin and Kyla, our son and daughter-in-law , will be with us too.

I love any Holiday as long as I am surrounded by people who too want to have a
good time. One of my tasks on Thanksgiving is to keep Jerry's 88 year old dad
entertained. Yes, he still drives, and he will making the hour or so trip from
his home in New Hampshire. God Bless him!
My father is 3 years younger than the senior Brodeur, but I am not sure if I
want him driving on roads like Route 495, or Route 93 in this end of the State.

Linda and I were impressed with the Brodeur 50 inch HD television which they
purchased a few months ago. The Brodeur's are electronically challenged, and
have yet to learn all the potential in running the cable box, and the remote
device. They have a surround sound system, but they don't know how to hook it up
to the television. I am betting some of the youngsters who will be with us over
the next few days can hook it up in no time at all.

Politics -- Obama and his cabinet are going to put forth a way to get the
economy jump started. I am really hoping and praying that whatever they propose
is successful. The" Limbaugh type" talking heads won't have much to talk about
if the Democrats are lucky to pull it off.
If Obama' platform of "Change" really happens, maybe the Republican voters
will vote Democratic in the next Presidential election. Yeah Right!


Have a great Thanksgiving Day celebration whomever you are with.
If you are alone, you can volunteer to work one of those "Serve the needy" in
your town or neighboring community.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: