Friday, November 14, 2008

Hello on Thursday

nds,

Linda and I spent a pleasant day together after I went off to a morning wake /
funeral service as well as a grocery run to pick up tailgating food.

I thought that the funeral service started at 9:30 PM according to the obituary
in the local newspaper. I arrived a little after 9 AM, and there was no one in
the funeral home parking lot except for the hearse, and a couple of limousines.
I asked an attendant if I was at the correct place, and he said "Yes". I walked
into the funeral home to view the body, and there wasn't one family member
present.
After a few minutes, I saw a couple of non family members arrive to pay their
last respects. The family finally arrived around 9:15 AM.

I did some outdoor chores, one of which was to replenish the bird feeders. The
Chickadees showed up faster than I could complete the task. I am working on
getting the birds to eat out of my hand.

Soon after my outdoor chores were done, I went in the house to help Linda with
those buckets. I hauled 12 buckets out of the furnace / storage area so that
Linda could go through them. We ended up with 10 buckets when she was done. She
is getting much better of letting go of items.

How appropriate was the Oprah Winfrey show on Wednesday because the theme was
getting rid of clutter in the homes and apartments!

I am all packed for the Patriot Game except for food and beverages. I am
picking up my friend at 1:30 PM so that we can arrive in Foxboro 4 hours before
the start of the game. It won't be a heavy down pour as we are tailgating. The
heavy rain is supposed to occur toward the end of the game.

I think that Linda has an empty social calendar today. It will be really empty
when I leave the house.

If I didn't have the game tonight, I would be working another pasta dinner.
This one is for a sports team from the high school which I taught at. The event
is taking place at the St. Mark's Parish Hall / School. We have worked many
fundraiser out of St. Mark's. It is nice to have a UNICO member who is also the
Pastor of this Church and school.

The gin & raisin remedy for arthritis hasn't started yet for Linda. You have
to let the mixture soak for a week. You eat 9 raisins at a time. One of the
people on this e-mail list said that his mother tried the recipe, and he said it
didn't work on the 94 year old woman. Linda is over 30 years younger than this
woman. I say give it a chance!

The crock pot soup was so yummy for supper last evening. I might drop some off
for my mother this morning after the freezing rain turns to all rain.

While in the car yesterday, I tried listening to the talking heads like Rush
Limbaugh, Sean Hanity, etc. The discussion on their programs now is about how
Obama is going to fail as President.

I also heard a story of a woman who decided she wanted to join the Klu Klux
Klan. Part way through the process, she told the powers to be that she wanted
out of the Klu Klux Klan. They shot and killed her.
Her killers got caught because they went to a hardware store , and asked how to
get blood off of their clothes.

Well, I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Don't let a little East Coast rain
dampen your plans.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: