Friday, February 6, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

The day went as planned on Thursday. I spent several hours in Lee visiting Mom at the Rehab Center while Linda went off to Mah Jongg. Mom is still not ready to come home.

I went to the Dollar Store to see if I dropped my glove in there on Wednesday. They did find my glove. The clerks set it aside, and put it by the register. I was so happy to find it.

After our pasta supper, I went into the basement to watch the Boston Bruins, and Boston Celtics do battle. The Bruins were victorious in a shoot out, but the Celtics lost by one point in a contest which went into overtime.

The Kellogs' company doesn't want a Bong Smoking swimmer on their cereal boxes anymore. The Olympic swimming committee suspended him for three months. Phleps has to realize that when he gained star status, it pretty much ended the possibility of him just hanging out at Fraternity Parties, etc.

Politics -- Another potential cabinet member has a husband who has some financial issues. Squeaky clean people must be difficult to find.

Coffee -- I have some friends who are fixated with Dunkin Donouts coffee. They buy it by the pound, or buy it by the cup. Yesterday, there was a report that said that Eight O'Clock Coffee is number one in the nation. Decaf Dunkin Dounuts was the best of that variety. The report did say that whole beans, and the type of coffee maker has a great influence on producing the best coffee. I checked what kind the Curley's have, and "low and behold" I saw a can of Eight O'Clock besides the flavored Gevalia varieties.

Social Calendar -- The only thing that I am aware of is "Baby viewing". The son of our Dalton friends, along with his wife YuPing, and their baby, Noelle, who was born around Thanksgiving, flew in from Atlanta so that he could be in a wedding of a high school friend. While the family is attending the wedding, we will be able to see the little one. I think that Linda might have whipped up a baby sweater, and hat. I will remind Linda to charge the batteries in her camera.
We won't be going to the Shamrock for supper since they are closed. The owners went off to Aruba which they have been doing for 25 years.

It is balmy 7 degrees right now. Most of us can't wait for the semi warm up which begins on Saturday.

Well, I have to get back to my morning routine.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: