Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,
My Saturday activities started off with a trip to Lee to visit with dad, and to make him breakfast. I went from Lee to The Kimball Farms Nursing home in Lenox to visit Mom. The staff said that Mom ate her own breakfast, but I did assist her for lunch.
I headed back home, and had to take a nap because Linda didn't want me to fall asleep during our cultural experience at Proctor's Theater in Schenectady, New York which had an 8 PM starting time.

Speaking of the cultural experience, it was more entertaining for Linda and Judie than it was for us husbands. The food at the Bangkok Tai & Martini Bar was okay, but their specialty drinks could do with a little more alcohol, especially since they were in the $8 to $9 price range.
The musical was called "Happy Days", but it wasn't such a happy time for John and I. Linda always quizzes me at half time (I mean intermission), and she asked me if I liked the musical. I couldn't lie, and I said : "No". John agreed with me. We did notice the audience didn't even cheer that loudly after every singing number. They cheered loudly when it was over because most of the packed house was happy that it finally ended.
We analyzed the musical on the one hour drive home, and we all agreed that if the play went to the theater district in New York or Boston, it would not make it for too many weeks.

I don't want to seem like like a Grumpy Old Man, but I did have a money saving solution to attending cultural venues which us men have no desire to attend. Linda and her girl friends should purchase tickets to whatever cultural function which they would like to attend. The husbands will go off and purchase a whole bunch of thick and juicy steaks and grill them, and eat this man food until we are stuffed.
We will park our butts in front of a wide screen television at whomever wants to host the man party, and watch sporting contests until our wives come home. We can drinks some beers, or make our own stiff drinks, and save a whole bunch of money.
Of course at the end of the evening, we will still have to listen to our wives tell us how they had such a wonderful time. If they cultural event was awful, they will still tell us it was really good with the hopes that we will attend the next one with them. Not!

Weather -- It is not time to put away our snow blowers in the Northeast yet. We have a few inches of the white stuff heading our way right now. The snow totals in the Berkshires have already started to go downward according to The Weather Channel. Time will tell.

Politics -- Obama wants to take less out of our paychecks by April 1, 2009. This almost sounds like a Republican concept? Liberals do have a tendency to become conservative as they mature.

Social Calendar -- When a snow storm is predicted, we don't venture out of the house. I told Mom that I wouldn't be visiting her today unless the forecast changed.

Well, I can finally relax a little, and read The Berkshire Eagle, and the Boston Globe.
I will be really quiet, and let Linda sleep for as long as she wants.
I will even make her a delicious breakfast when she gets hungry.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: