Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,
We had a pleasant Valentines' Day which ended with a home cooked meal for the two of us. Linda whipped up a shrimp & pasta Primavera which was wonderful.

Speaking of food, I did go to Lee to visit Mom. I was their to assist her for breakfast and lunch. I even wove in a funeral between the two meals. The funeral was for a mother of a former high school classmate of mine.

We have another busy Sunday today. We have our officers' meeting, and monthly meeting at the ITAM. No, our day doesn't end when the meeting does. We have to leave right after the meeting, and go home a freshen up for dinner and a Bacon Brothers Concert in Great Barrington.
If we didn't have this type of busy day, I could be attending an ice- fishing derby for the Lee Sportsmen's Club, or a Texas Holdem Tournament for a group which the Irish Sister City supports. If we weren't going to the evening concert concert, we could be attending the monthly membership meeting of the Italian American Club. Decisions! Decisions!

Sometimes, I hesitate to check the National news before composing my e-mail. We do live in such very trying times. I continue to be amazed how "man's inhumanity to man" continues on a daily basis. Can you visualize people from another planet looking how we treat each other on earth. Even if these aliens were unfriendly, and wanted to take over our planet, they wouldn't have to lift a finger to do so.

Politics -- As I head off to see the tax man on Monday, Obama will be signing the Bailout Bill. I hope that it has safeguards, and does what it is supposed to do. What will the naysayers say if really does work?

Well, have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: