Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,
No luck on the frozen pond once again. I waited from 7 AM to 3 PM to catch one of those hatchery Salmon which I saw them put in a month ago. I found out that the Salmon had moved to the other side of the lake. I also found out that nobody has caught any where I have been fishing.
Linda had fun at her Mah Jongg session while I was doing my thing.

In the middle of our activities, my mother was shipped to Berkshire Medical Center for some evaluations. She was admitted last evening. Hopefully the hospital staff can get her back to her feisty self. We also made a family decision not to return her to the Laurel Lake facility if she can't come home after the hospital stay.

On a happier note, we have some kind of light wintry mix with a possibility of a couple inches of snow before turning to rain. Our temperatures will be hovering around the freezing mark as the day progresses. We are a balmy 10 degree right now.

Social Calendar -- Linda has a book club dinner meeting this evening. They will be discussing a book which I read, but she has not. I might type up a book report so that she can fake her way through a discussion of the book.
This book club doesn't do the books which I normally read (Murder/ Mystery). The only reason that I did read the book, which they are discussing tonight, the fact that it was about an Italian scientist whom we all know from our history books, "Marconi". The book is called "Thunderstruck" if anyone wants to borrow it.

Politics -- The Stimulus Bill is now law. Let's give it a chance to work.
Bill Clinton thought that it was a good "Bill" for the most part. Former President Clinton left office with a balanced budget, and a little sex scandal. Yes, I am aware that the Republicans helped with balancing that budget.
Obama is working on another "Bill" as I type this e-mail.
Burris is encountering a little difficulty in filling Obama's spot in Chicago. Where is the "Daley Political Machine" when you really need them?

World news -- I had a feeling that the woman who was beheaded by her husband in Buffalo, New York lost her life because of a marital problem. The husband was a bit upset when she filed papers for divorce. I guess some learned behavior was the motivating factor for such violence.

I will be visiting Mom in the hospital today, and that is it for my social calendar.

The pot roast dinner, made in the crock pot, was wonderful. Neither of us had the energy to make any supper because of the different directions which we were going in. I arrived home after 6 PM by the time I dropped Dad off in Lee. My sister stayed in the hospital until they admitted Mom around 7:30 PM.

Have to finish my morning routine.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: