Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is a balmy 13 degrees as I begin this e-mail, and we won't get much warmer than about 22 degrees in the Berkshires. Winter won't let go in the Northeast!

Our Monday went as planned. I was with Mom before her breakfast arrived. The CNA wheeled her to a room where they assist the patients when it is meal time. I wheeled her back to her room, and she ate breakfast in her own room. She ate her breakfast unassisted, which was a good way to start the day. I made her an appointment with the hair dresser. I visited for a while and headed to their home to check on my father.
Dad had already left the house, and he was heading to visit Mom. She was scheduled for a therapy session just after I departed for Lee.
I will be heading to the nursing home around the same time today.

Social Calendar -- I probably won't see Linda until about 10:30 PM this evening. She has a 10 AM body maintenance procedure. After that, she has to vote for one of three candidates in a special Ward Election, a Mah Jongg session from 11:30 PM until 4:30 PM, and BONCO at 7 PM at a friend's home.

After visiting with Mom , and casting a vote in the Ward Election, and taking an afternoon nap, I will be free until the "Party/ Reception" for candidate whom we are supporting. If all goes well, there will be much fun, food, and merriment at the Italian American Club after polls close at 8 PM. If Linda gets through BONCO early, she might even join the party.

Politics -- The Stock market dropped to the lowest point in years. This tells you what investors in the stock market think about Obama's Stimulus Bill.
Obama's Congressional speech this evening should be enlightening.

Ice-Fishing -- I would go today, but it is a bit too cold for the Curley Lad. The Sunday newspaper showed a picture of a guy who caught one of those Salmon which were stocked by the Fish and Game personnel a month ago. I have been trying to catch one for weeks, It was a 12 pound 10 ounce beauty. They didn't say where he caught the fish on Laurel Lake, but I would bet that it wasn't where I was fishing.

Linda is ready to purchase one of those "As Seen on T.V." caulking devices. She is going to give me a chance at caulking again. This could be a big mistake!

Smoking -- I think that it is so sad that some people who work at a hospital are hooked on tobacco products. At Berkshire Medical Center, their smoking area is located next to two huge Oxygen Tanks on hospital property on the main road into the hospital. I might use an e-mail to express my dismay at the situation.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: