Monday, February 2, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that your team won the Super Bowl. I did think that the Steelers would win the game which they did do. It was a very exciting game, and most of our Super Bowl guests were cheering for the Cardinals.

Our Super Bowl party went very well. There were very few leftovers which is always good.
We always like to go to bed with everything picked up, and the dishwasher loaded to its maximum. Linda did most of the cleanup. I just hauled the stuff from the basement to the kitchen. I am going to be extremely quiet today because Linda definitely needs all the rest which she can get for all the work she had done with the set up, and clean up. She especially needs a good rest since she woke up on Sunday morning with the beginnings of the cold which I might have passed on to her.

Politics / National news -- Well Obama's half brother, and the U.S. swimmer Phelps got themselves in trouble for smoking a little weed. If they lived in Massachusetts, it would be a misdemeanor for the amount that they were caught with or seen smoking (in the Phelps case).

The octuplets -- This case really bothers me. The women has 6 children of her own with four of them from the same father. She produces 8 more by invitro fertilization. Makes national news. Can someone tell me who is paying for all of these children? Even us Liberals have difficulties accepting what this women did. Her mother said that she always wanted to have children. I think that this educated women has some serious mental health issues, and we will be paying for her and her fatherless family from birth to death.

I see where Jim Carville, a former Bill Clinton adviser, is getting into a little verbal sparing with Rush Limbaugh. Carville is one smart dude who can battle every one of the Republican talking heads.

Social Calendar -- I think that today is a day of rest. I did hear some of the female guests, who play Mah Jongg, trying to arrange a session. If all the participants are free, the session might take place at our home.

Since I have abandoned my mother for two days, I will have to make a visit to the Rehab Center. I could drop in a few tip ups especially since we will be in the mid 30's today.

The Northeast storm won't touch us inland areas. The forecasters are talking about snow showers all day long on Tuesday in the Berkshires. The last time that we had snow showers, I had to use the snow blower.

Well, I have to empty the dishwasher.
Have a great Monday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: