Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
Linda and I spent Friday thinking that it was Saturday. I decided to forgo the ice-fishing, and instead go with Linda for the baby viewing of the three month old girl. Well, the baby viewing was an all day affair. We arrived at our friends' home a little after noon. The baby was awake( or we woke her up), and she was passed around like a basketball. Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts, and Great Uncles, Grandparents, Friends of the family (which we were), held the baby multiple times throughout their visit.
Linda and I did take a two hour break, and returned for a pasta dinner, and more baby viewing. I was all viewed out by about 8 PM.
When we left, the great Aunt and Uncle from New Jersey were taking care of Noelle. They are going to be the baby sitters for Noelle when Noelle's parents, and the grandparents go off to a 1:30 PM wedding today.

It is a balmy 3 degrees right now in Pittsfield. I think that I am going ice-fishing at Laurel Lake at day break, and stop off and visit mom at the Rehab Center across the street from the Lake. The temperatures are supposed to rise into the mid thirties which will be like a heat wave compared to what we have been experiencing the past couple of weeks.

I am not sure what Linda has planned. Once she finds out that I am gone, she will most likely have a wonderful day.

Politics -- Sarah Palin wants a little help from Obama with construction costs for a natural gas pipeline in Alaska.
Obama's Stimulus Package comes up for a vote on Tuesday.

Sports -- I fell asleep watching the Celtics do battle with the Knicks. The Celtics were victorious.

News -- A 60 year old woman in Canada wanted children. She is now the mother of twins. When the children are 21, the mother will be 81. I hope that the mother will be alive to be able to attend the college graduation of her children.
I am not sure if this woman really thought long term about being a mother at 60 years old. I was exhausted after one day of baby viewing. It was kind of nice to be able to go home to a quiet, and empty house.
Child rearing is going to be very difficult as this 60 year old women enters the golden years.

Well, I have to make myself lunch for my ice-fishing adventure, and load up my car with ice-fishing gear.
Have a great Saturday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: