Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Wednesday did not go as I thought that it would, but it still did turn out to be a pleasant day for the both of us.

Linda now owns another vintage Mah Jongg set. It took an extra day for the seller to find some missing pieces, but the deal was sealed by 10:30 AM on Wednesday. Linda can't wait to use the new set when she hosts the next session.

After purchasing the Mah Jongg set, we went off to the AT&T cell phone store to find me a new cell phone. I am now the proud owner of a new cell phone. It is a mirror image of Linda's. I tried to purchase a cell phone of a different color, but my color blindness interfered with my selection. The red cell phone, that I really wanted, had gray keys, and I had trouble seeing the keys. We did purchase insurance on this phone because there is a strong possibility that I will do something dumb like putting it in the washing machine again, or losing it.

No, our day didn't end with the cell phone purchase. Five of us UNICO guys decided to attend a wake for the 56 year old son of one of our members. The 6 PM to 8 PM wake was in Worcester, Massachusetts, which is 1.5 hours from Pittsfield.
We left Pittsfield around 4 PM. The wake was around supper time so we got off one of the exits on the way home to eat an Italian restaurant in the West Springfield area. We went to a place called Carabbas which is one of the chain places like an Olive Garden. Two of the friends in the car recommended this place. They have eaten at every restaurant off of every exit on the Mass Turnpike. This was the first time that three of the five of us have eaten at this place, and I would definitely go back again. I thought the food at this place was better than Olive Garden, and Bertucci's.

Linda hooked up with a girl friend whose husband was out of town like me, and they did a little recreational shopping at the Mall. They dined at Bennigan's, and had their Wednesday special which is their giant hamburger and fries. The special price is about four dollars off the normal price.

Social Calendar -- Linda has a body maintenance procedure today near noon, and then this evening she is meeting some female friends at the Brew Works Pub. These ladies are planning for their annual Cape Cod trip.

I will be spending the day gathering all of our tax records. I have a date with the Tax Man on Monday morning.
I also have to visit Mom at the Rehab Center in Lee at some point today.

Politics -- I am still waiting for the bailout to be completed, and with most of the issues to be resolved. Time will tell.
The Governor of Massachusetts wants add 27 cent to the gasoline tax to solve some budgetary problems. Just what the middle class needs at this time in our lives. Yeah Right!

The mother of the Octuplets is requesting donations on line. Most of my friends, and the public in general think that the woman is a lunatic. She won't be getting a donation from the Curley's.
A report from an expert on the "Today Show" said that she will need 1.55 million dollars to raise her 14 children. Do you think that she should have put in a little more thought into having so many children?
How about locking her up in a mental institution, and have the doctor, who inserted the 8 embryo's in her womb, do the child rearing and pay for all of the bills?

Well, I have to do some quiet activities.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: