Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a slow day in the Curley home on Monday.
Linda and I were like slugs. I needed a two hour nap because of my cold issue, and a bit of too much partying at our Super Bowl Party.
I never left the house except for getting the mail from our mail box located at the bottom of our driveway.
Linda did leave the house at 5 PM to go off for supper, and a session of Mah Jongg at a friend's house. She was so relieved that she didn't have to host the affair.

I never made it to Lee to visit with my mother. The guilt is almost unbearable.

"The power of the pen is mightier than the sword"! I did forget that one of my e-mail readers is a member of Rotary. My comments about how we were somewhat offended by the "Jim and Tammy Baker" like revival event during the middle of the Saturday night auction made it to the board level of Rotary on Monday. I found out that the Curley's weren't the only ones offended by what went on during the middle of the auction. I also failed to mention in yesterday's e-mail that we left the auction when they were $3000 short of their $10,000 goal. This meant that we missed half of the auction.

Politics -- It was a slow day on the political front for Obama yesterday. The media had to create news. They talked about how the President is helping the economy by going out to eat. The public likes to go to the same eateries that the President has dinned in.
The media did say the Bushes were more of the "home body" type of people who have lived in the White House. The Bush's and the Curley's have something in common.
A New Hampshire Republican will be nominated as Commerce Secretary today.

The snow in Pittsfield is white again. We picked up a dusting last night. Boston is supposed to get 4 to 7 inches when the coastal storm is done.

Social Calendar-- We are free today, but I have to get out of the house and do something, like visit Mom, do a little ice-fishing, etc. Linda needs a day of separation from the man of the house.
While in my slug mode, I did savor another book which I finished a few minutes ago. It was a murder/ mystery called "Scarpetta" written by Patricia Cornwell. I enjoyed it!

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and make some decisions on my activities for the day.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: