Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,
Everything went as planned on Tuesday.
Linda was lucky playing Mah Jongg, and won the most BONCO'S last evening.

We both voted for the candidate who garnered the most votes in our Ward primary even though the second place candidate spent more than $18000 dollars during her campaign (which was the highest amount for a ward candidate ever in city politics). Our guy spent about $6000.

I did make it to the victory party at the Italian American Club, and I also stopped in for some fun and merriment at O'Laughlin's with my Irish friends after the party at the Italian American Club. Good thing that I took an afternoon nap.

Mom is starting to get feisty which means that she is getting better. Once the therapists help to get her leg strength back, she will be ready to come home. It should be soon.

Social Calendar -- After a visit with Mom, I think Linda and I will be going off to a matinee at the Mall theaters, catch a wake or two, and find an restaurant which will be serving fish. Today is Ash Wednesday for all you Catholics. Ash Wednesday is supposed to be a day of fast and abstinence, and eating meat is not allowed.

Politics -- Linda and I missed the President's speech last evening. I came home just in time to see the Republican view on the speech. The Governor of New Orleans was chosen as this person. I can't believe the words of any politician who comes from New Orleans.

Speaking of New Orleans -- How can anyone take out a gun, and start shooting into a crowd at what is supposed to be such a happy occasion as Mardi Gra. I am so tired, even in Pittsfield, of the way people settle their differences with guns, and knives.
There is a lawless segment of our population that act like savages, and they should be treated as such.
They grow up with no family structure, and discipline. They produce children with multiple fathers who don't participate in the child rearing. When there is a domestic dispute, the women get the crap beat out of them.
These people join gangs because the gang is the family which they never had. They become part of the drug culture, and often die on the streets, or they become part of the penal system. We, as the American taxpayer, end up paying for all of this, and hope that we don't get shot in the cross firer.

Well, I guess it is my time to stop my editorial.
I am so happy that Curley world is not what I have described above. I am also happy that the good guys outnumber the bad guys.

Have to go and finish my morning routine before I head out the door to the nursing home.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: