Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is a winter wonderland in the Berkshires once again. I would guess that we picked up about 6 inches of snow.
I heard the clunking of the snow plow on our driveway a little before 5 AM. Our reasonably priced snow removal guy does a very good job. I still have to snow blow the sidewalks, and paths to my bird feeders.
After a chilly Monday, we are in for a bit of a warm up with a little rain coming in at the end of the week before temperatures drop again.

Social Calendar -- I am leaving the house as soon as I finish snow blowing. I will then head off to do a whole bunch of errands which will include a visit with Mom.
Linda has a Mah Jongg session this evening, and that is it for her social calendar.

Politics -- It was a quiet weekend for Obama except for people finding fault with certain aspects of the Stimulus Bill.
Today is the last day before us voters in Ward 3 in Pittsfield go to the polls to cast a vote for one of the three possible candidates. Everyone knows who I will be voting for since they published my "letter to the editor" in the Sunday edition of The Berkshire Eagle.

News -- A Seattle man didn't think through the sinking his small yacht in Pudget Sound for the insurance money. Because of environmental concerns, the EPA had to remove the vessel from the water. They found that owner drilled a hole in the boat, and he put a hammer to the engine before he got on his dingy, and returned to shore.

We prepared the crock pot last evening, and Linda turned the crock pot on before she went off to bed. A chicken soup has been brewing all night, and the house is filled with such good odors.

Have to finish my morning routine before cranking up the snow blower. I might not be quiet as I usually am because I have too many things to do today. I will be firing up the engine at day break.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: