Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was another day on the frozen pond without catching a fish. I did read a whole book during the 8 AM to 3 PM adventure on Laurel Lake so that the day wasn't a total waste.
Speaking of ice-fishing, how about the hundreds of people who got stuck on an ice floe on Lake Erie. A large section of the ice separated from another part of the Lake.
The ice on Laurel Lake is at least 15 inches thick. The pond is relatively small, and it pretty much frozen solid around the whole lake. I would go to the fish market before going out ice-fishing on adventure like the people did on Lake Erie.

I am up early today because I am leaving the house before 6 AM. I decided to attend a Jimmy Fund Ice Fishing Derby for about 5 hours before heading off to the Pasta Fund Raiser which my UNICO brothers and Sister will be preparing and serving at 2 PM. By the end of the day, I will pretty much be exhausted.
Linda, my father, my sister and her husband will be attending the Fund Raiser at the ITAM today. My sister and her husband are pretty close to the family who lost their home in that gas leak explosion which I mentioned in previous e-mails.

Linda did have a pleasant day when I was ice-fishing. I did stop in and visited with Mom at the Rehab Center for a couple of hours before I headed home. She seemed to be in good spirits. My sister arrived about an hour after I got there.

When I arrived home, there was no aroma of a home cooked meal for supper. We went off for some wood fired pizzas at place owned by one of my UNICO brothers. The pizza was delicious as usual.

Politics -- CNN did a poll of people, and most people said that they could care less about a Tax Cut. They said what they really wanted a job, and to be able to pay a mortgage, and to be able to provide for their family.
The guy from Boston, who painted that famous picture of Obama, is in trouble with the law. He had some outstanding warrants on graffiti charges. He also is being sued by someone who said that picture of Obama, which this guy painted, came from her. She is claiming a copyright infringement.

Weather -- It is 42 degrees right now, and it will get a few degrees warmer by noon time before the temperature drops. It was 4 degrees yesterday at this time when I went off ice fishing. What a difference a day makes?

Well, I have to gather my ice-fishing gear for the derby as well as my cooking clothes for the fund raiser. With the warm temperatures, I can decrease the amount of layers of clothes which I normally wear for ice-fishing.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: