Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello on Monday afternoon.

Dear Friends,

It seems like I never left Pittsfield even though I went the Yankee vs Red Sox game last night, and slept over Kevin & Kyla apartment in East Boston. I left East Boston without my toiletry bag, but there is nothing in there that I use unless I am on a trip somewhere.
I decided to stop in Lee to visit my dad on the way home, and to my surprise an appointment had been scheduled with the Elder Services rep. She was there from 10:30 AM until after 1 PM.
I was going to go straight home and take a nap, but I decided to do some chores before my nap. Well, three air conditioners later, and the front door being changed from glass to a screen, and here I am typing on the laptop.

Linda is just teeing off as I continue this e-mail. I think that I am content to be in an air conditioned room instead of chasing a white ball around the golf course. Give me the 70 degree temperature that I had on Friday with no humidity, and I will play golf every day.

No, Linda's evening doesn't end when golf ends. She and her lady friends have some food and beverages after golf.
No, her evening still doesn't end, she was asked to sub at a Mah Jongg session. This was a last minute telephone call.

I am going to enjoy and evening of peace, and quiet while I watch the Red Sox do battle in Cleveland.

Speaking of the Red Sox, we had a great time at the Sox game last evening. We dined at a restaurant right next to the gates where we went in. The food, and fun was great.
I am going to have to lose weight if I go to a Red Sox game again with Kyla. Kyla had warned me that the seats were kind of tight. She should have said that my butt was too big for the seats. I now know that when the Red Sox say that they added more seats to the regular part of the ball park, exactly how they did so.

I don't have to watch the ESPN Sports Center highlights because I was at the game.

My head hit the pillow a little after midnight in East Boston. I am so glad that I didn't drive home after the game. I would have fallen asleep at the wheel for sure.

Well, I still might take a short nap so that I can stay up for the whole Red Sox game.
Have a great Monday evening.
Go Red Sox! For those Yankee fans I will use the typical line that : "It is early in the season."

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: