Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

We made it through a hectic Friday even though we never saw or talked to each other until I woke up from an afternoon nap (2 hours long)after golf.

I left the house before 7 AM to send off a package by using the self service device at the Post Office. I went directly to the hospital to visit Mom before heading off to the golf course. After playing 18 holes of golf, and socializing at the 19th hole, I was ready for a nap. After my nap, I took a shower before we headed off to our Sister City Event which was held at the ITAM lodge. There was much food, fun and merriment between 5:30 PM and 8 PM before we returned home. After putting on my sleep wear, I settled down to watch the Red Sox do battle with the Yankees.
Linda had a similar busy day. She went off to her monthly retiree breakfast at 8:30 AM with her lady friends before she headed off to a body maintenance procedure. She then went off to visit Mom at the hospital. Since she was at the hospital, she decided to see if she could reschedule her appointment, and be squeezed in for her annual mammogram. She did get the mammogram done, and now she will be able to play golf for the first time this season with her lady friends on Monday afternoon. After her mammogram, she did a little recreational shopping, and returned home just about the time that I woke up from a nap.

Speaking of Mom, Linda said that she was a bit uncomfortable around lunch time when her and my Dad were there. The nurses come in every two hours to help manage the pain. The dressing also has to be changed a couple of times per day. There was some normal draining in the wound area. I still haven't chosen to look at the amputation area yet. I am not sure if I ever will.

Sports -- The baseball game was a great one if you are a Red Sox fan. The Yankees were ahead by a score of 4 to 2. The Yankees had their premier reliever on the mound during the bottom of the ninth inning. The Red Sox had one man on base, but there were two outs. The batter was one strike from the inning, and the game coming to an end, and !!!!! With the crack of the bat, Jason Bay hits a two run homer to tie the game. The Sox won the game with another homer in extra innings by Kevin Youkilis. The Red Sox Nation when crazy, and I went to bed a very happy man.
Linda was watching her programs in the family rooms while I was watching my sporting contest.

Social Calendar -- I am going to make a morning visit to see Mom before I have to do some yard work. I am very tired of looking at my ice fishing gear, and the snow blowers which are still in our garage. I have to put them in the storage shed, but that means I have to empty and clean the storage shed first.
Linda has to make a grocery store run because she has to prepare a appetizer dish for the dinner party which we are attending. The dinner party is a prelude to the Band Concert which we are attending the Wahconah Country Club this evening.

Politics -- It is kind of quiet on the political front. The Presidential dog got a good bit of press this week.
One of our senior golfers is a die hard Republican while the 15 or so other golfers are liberal Democrats like me. After a few beverages, we got into some good verbal battles. Our friend soon realized that it is going to take a lot of work to convert us Democrats into believing in a Republican type of mindset. Even a majority of the nation believes that President Obama has us going in a positive direction.

Weather -- We are finally going to hit some summer like weather today before it cools off a bit next week.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

P.S. Two more days, and it is back to school for you teachers and students in Berkshire County. I remember counting the hours, minutes, and seconds before Monday morning arrived, but not any more. Friends still ask us if we miss school, and the students, and we keep on smiling, and say: "Absolutely not!"

Go Red Sox!

No comments: