Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is 38 degrees as I start this e-mail. We didn't need to have the air conditioners on last night. We went from a day time high of 88 degrees to 38 degrees in a short period of time. We are supposed to have high's in the 60's for the next 5 or 6 days. This is my kind of weather.

Mom was moved from the telemetry wing to the rehab wing (located on the second floor) of Berkshire Medical Center last night. She was doing okay, but not great, when I was there to assist her for breakfast on Tuesday. She still needs pain pills, and she is experiencing some discomfort.

Speaking of Mom, I asked my sister what they did with the leg when they removed it a week ago. My sister said that the doctor asked her if she wanted the amputated leg. My sister thought this was kind of weird. The doctor said that some people actually take the leg, and bury it. Is this like a dog burying a bone?

Sports -- My beloved Red Sox couldn't make it 12 wins in a row last evening.
The Boston Celtics did win a nail biter, and they lead their series by a 3 to 2 margin as they head back to Boston for the next game against Chicago.
I think the Boston Bruins Hockey team plays this evening.

Mah Jongg went well except for the heat at our house on Tuesday during the day.

The Polenta dinner went well at St. Mark's. We served over 300 people salad, bread, Polenta, chicken, and sausage. When I say served, this was not a buffet dinner. There was a cash bar for wine and beer. The 50/50 was worth $500. No, I didn't have the winning ticket. We never got out of the place until around 9 PM. There were many pots, and pans when you serve over 300 people. The pots that the polenta was cooked in were the most difficult to clean.

We have a full social calendar today which should end a little after the start of the hockey game which I am looking forward to watching. My first adventure starts with a visit to see Mom at BMC for the breakfast hour.
I have to go to City hall to pay our quarterly taxes before heading off to the grocery store.
I am the liquids person. Linda doesn't like lifting cases of soda, and water.
While at the grocery store, I am in charge purchasing the vegetables which I am grilling for the Book Club dinner on Thursday evening.

When I return home, both Linda and I have to head out to Berkshire Community College for a Health Fair for City of Pittsfield employees. We are changing health care providers, and have to choose a new one by May 15, 2009.
We then go to Berkshire Medical Center because Linda has a doctor's appointment. I will visit Mom again while Linda is doing her thing.
No, our day doesn't end after Linda's appointment. We are going off to a 5:30 PM awards dinner for some people who will be recognized for there local volunteer efforts for Cancer Society. A former colleague of our is receiving an award.

Hopefully my day will end with me sitting in front of a television watching the Boston Bruins. I hope that I will be able to stay awake for the whole game.

Politics -- Can't you Republicans just feel the love generated by President Obama?

Have a great Wednesday at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: