Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

My mother had more visitors on Good Friday. My mother's sister Gladys (87 years old), and her son Joseph, flew in from Florida to be with his mother for Easter. He wasn't planning on seeing his Aunt Mary at the hospital waiting to expire. Mom's other sister, Josephine, who is a spry 91 years old, came with Gladys and Joseph. A good number of tears were shed during their visit.
My sister did stay with Mom overnight on Thursday, and she said that Mom slept well. Mom hasn't been that alert over the past few days because of the morphine drip, but when she hears voices, she opens her eyes, and acknowledges the visitors.
Her mind is still functioning quite well, but we aren't sure how long before the vital organs will shut down. Like the doctors said, once the vitals organs, like the kidneys, stopped functioning, the inevitable will occur quickly.

On a happy note, Kevin and Kyla ( and their two dogs) came in from East Boston around 9 PM last evening. His restaurant "Dough" will be shut down today and tomorrow (it is normally closed on Sunday). We wish that both Michael (who lives in Kansas), and Kevin lived closer to us because we would have them over for Sunday dinner as often as we could.

We are going to have Easter Dinner at our house at noon time since Michael has to fly back to Kansas on Sunday at 4:30 PM out of the Albany, New York airport. I am trying to talk Dad into joining us for the noon time meal.
I(not sure about Linda) will be taking Mike to the airport.

The Boston Celtics won their game last evening, but the Red Sox weren't so lucky.
I did try to watch a little of the Master's Golf Tournament at different times on Friday. Tiger struggled a bit on Friday, but the golf course can put a whole bunch of hurt on you even if the leaders are ahead by several strokes.

Social Calendar -- We will go off and see Mom this morning, but I will be there early. We have a baby viewing this afternoon in Dalton. Linda and I wanted Kevin, Kyla (who is due in August), and Michael to see the Gerardi grandchild. The Gerardi's are like the Curley's with respect to having their grandchild living in a place where you need to get on an airplane to visit. Let me correct myself, the Gerardi Lad doesn't mind driving from the Berkshires to Atlanta, Georgia. I have no desire to drive from the Berkshires to Kansas City, Kansas. Linda doesn't like the way I drive around the Berkshires never mind me driving cross country.

Speaking of Kansas, Linda and I made flight plans a month ago to visit Mike, Danielle, and Isabelle in Kansas. We are schedule to fly out on Tuesday morning at 6 AM out of the Albany airport. I spoke to dad about this, and he said that he wouldn't object to holding off the graveside service until we return. Our plans, and what my father agreed to might change.

Well, I woke up early because I couldn't sleep, and I started thinking about Mom. I might go back to bed and try and sleep for a couple more hours before I head off to the hospital.
Have a great Easter weekend, and give all of your loved ones a big hug.
Don't wait until it is too late. The Curley Lad

No comments: