Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

The "Watch" continues for Mom. They increased the amount of morphine in the morphine drip. My sister decided to spend Wednesday night at the hospital with Mom. This means that I will be heading off to be with Mom shortly.
Mom spent her waking hours when I was there from 7:45 AM until 1:30 PM (my first visit of the day)asking me why the Good Lord can't just take her? I wish that there was something family members could do.
I wish that there was some kind of a pill which we could give her to make her wish come true. On the other hand, I can very easily see that there could be problems if a family fortune was involved. We definitely don't have to worry about such a problem in our family.

This whole scenario with Mom reminds of the watch that we had with my brother in 1970. He had just gotten out of the Marines, and he was 21 years old. His "Watch" went on for months because he was in great physical condition before the colon cancer was diagnosed. With the technology that we have right now, things could have been much different.

On a happier note, I am really trying to adjust to taking my morning showers in the Master Bedroom. It has been quite a challenge. My first shower was a very difficult one to get through. There were ten containers of fruit smelling stuff that was supposed to do different things to your body in the cleaning process. There was no bar of soap. There was a fuzz ball device that I found out was for removing dead skin. There was a bottle of Tub and Tile cleaner. I would advise people not to use the tub and tile cleaner on your body. The chemicals do affect the sensitive areas of your body.
Men are simple creatures when it comes to body washing. A bar of soap, and unscented hair shampoo is all that us males require.

My sister's husband Tom, and our son Michael were bonding quite well with respect to their Republican views as they were visiting Mom at different points on Wednesday. They sounded a lot like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, the radio talk show hosts who express their Republican views on a daily basis. I do have a few e-mail recipients who could very well get along with my brother-in-law, and military son.

Sports -- My Red Sox lost their game last evening at a cold Fenway Park, but the Boston Celtics Basketball team did win their contest. It is amazing that the Red Sox are still playing to a packed house in this dreadful economy. You have to be pretty well off to be able to afford take a family to a professional sporting contest. You can buy a whole case of beer in the Package Store(another name for what we call Liquor Stores in the Northeast) for the price of what it costs for two beers at the ball park.

Social Calendar -- None for the moment. Trips to and from the hospital are taking up most of our waking hours as well as making trips to transport dad to and from the family home in Lee to visit his wife in the hospital.

Well, I hope that these trying family times end soon.
I will keep you informed. The Curley Lad

No comments: