Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday was the best which we could hope for. Both of our sons are with us, and we all did go and visit Mom in the hospital (several times). Mom is now in the ward for the terminally ill patients (5th floor). She was very lucid through out the day on Monday as all the family members (and a Snow Bird) stopped in to see her. Dad chose to spend the night with Mom in the room, and I hope that all went well.
When you see mom and talk to her, she seems just like any other patient just waiting to get better, but we all know that this will never happen. She is on a morphine drip, but she never slept the hours that we were with her on Monday.

Dad is starting to lose it as he sees his partner of over 62 years nearing the end of her life.
We will get through this unpleasant phase of our life, but it will take time.

As I see my pregnant daughter-in-law, Kyla, I am reminded that another bundle of joy will somewhat replace the loss of Mom.
Like I said in previous emails, it is the "Cyle of Life". For every sadness, there is something joyful right around the corner.

I too realize that what we are going through, every family has gone through or will go through. Give your loved ones many hugs before it is too late. If you have family conflicts, resolve them as soon as you can. Life is too short!

I want to thank all of you for your kind words by way of the e-mails. The daily comments from all of you have helped Linda and I get through this very difficult time.

I think that I will spend a little longer time bonding with our sons this morning before going off to the hospital.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores, and catch up on some e-mails.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: