Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Happy April Fools Day!

Today is the day when some kind of computer virus is being sent so be careful, and don't open anything which you don't recognize. Watch out for offers by some outfit trying to sell you something. If you open it up, your computer will be compromised!

Bears -- I didn't listen to my friend, who lives in a neighboring hill town, telling me that the bears are back. On Tuesday night, they returned to the Curley yard, and knocked down all of my bird feeders. I thought that if I put the bird feeders up high enough (I used a ladder) that I could continue to feed the birds. Not! I am surmising that Mother bear sent her cubs up the tree to knock the feeders down. The empty bird feeders have been put away for a while.

News -- I knew that the 23 year old brother, who lived from a small town in Massachusetts, and got himself in trouble by decapitated his 5 year old sister with a kitchen knife as well as killing a 17 year old sibling, would eventually make national news. The story is too gruesome to continue.

On a happier note, how about the Ohio man who was arrested for DUI? He was driving a home made device of an actual bar stool welded to an old lawnmower. The vehicle could reach speeds up to 38 MPH. After drinking about 15 beers, he decided to drive off on his vehicle, and flipped over while taking a turn going at 20 MPH. He wants a trial by jury.

Local Politics -- My candidate did win the election yesterday, but only by a 100 vote margin. His opponent worked hard to narrow the gap considerably from the what happened in the primary. I am guessing that some of his voters assumed a victory, and didn't vote, or forgot to vote. I hope that all the voters who had my friend's lawn signs came out to vote. The two reporters, who attended the victory party, came to the table where Linda and I were sitting. Linda and I must be like magnets. We did talk to both reporters, but they didn't write anything down, or stick a microphone in our mouths, or ask for a quote or two (we hope).
There was much food, fun, and merriment at the victory party.

Politics -- The political scene has gone global, but some countries are not agreeing to our President's approach to solving the global economic crisis.

Mom -- I did squeeze in a visit to see Mom at the nursing home on Tuesday morning. All seemed well.

Mah Jongg -- Linda wasn't so lucky at her Tuesday Mah Jongg session.

Body Maintenance procedure -- Linda went off at the scheduled time for a haircut on Tuesday, and the place was closed. They didn't have a sign on the door. No one called to say that there was a problem. Linda found out that there were some plumbing problems the day before after chatting with a person in a neighboring business.

Lottery Tickets -- Linda did win a couple of hundred dollars on some scratch tickets. I think that she might have a lottery ticket addiction. Just kidding!

Social Calendar -- I have do yard work first before visiting Mom especially with the warm temperature forecast. I also have to deal with some issues related to the UNICO Wine Tasting event on Friday night.

Linda is going out with three girl friends this evening. This is an annual ritual of mothers who all had their children at the same time in the 70's. They are going to the family restaurant of the person who was defeated in yesterday's local election. When Linda made the reservations, she made it with her first name only. We hope that we (mostly me) are not banned from the restaurant because of my public, and political stance.

I am going to have a chicken novena this evening without the lighting of candles. I am going to cook a batch of those chicken leg quarters (which are on sale at a local market) on the grill while Linda is doing her thing. I hope that the eventual chicken grease in the grill doesn't bring a return of the bears on Wednesday night.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before I do the yard work.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: