Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned except for a few changes. I once again left the house first. I decided to go to Lee, and spruce up the inside of the family home. While I was doing my thing, my sister and my father were with Mom for her two appointments in Pittsfield. I think that I had the easier job, but the sprucing up took almost three hours.

Speaking of Mom, a family and doctor decision was made yesterday that Mom needs some more time in the nursing home. These medical issues have to be resolved before she will be going back home.

After a lunch at our home, Linda went off for an unscheduled dentist appointment. The tooth, which was fixed a few weeks ago, had to be redone. If I heard Linda correctly, the dentist fixed the problem free of charge.

Last evening, Linda went off to her monthly session of BONCO while I finished savoring another book. This one was longer than the "Jessie Stone" short ones. It took me a couple of days to finish the over 500 page book.

Social Calendar -- We have to vote in our Ward today. The polls open from 8 AM until 8 PM. I will vote when the polls open, and then head off to visit Mom at the Nursing Home. Linda has to vote, go in for a body maintenance procedure, and then go to her regular session Tuesday Mah Jongg session from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM.
Our day won't end until after we attend, what hopefully will be, a victory party for the candidate whom we are supporting. The victory party takes place at the Italian American Club.

Of, course, we could continue on, and party at the Tuesday evening Irish Session at O'Laughlin's Pub. I am betting we will be too tired to do so.

Politics -- Nothing exciting that caught my eye this morning.

Weather-- Today might be the best day of the week. We are at the 32 degree mark right now, but we are going to warm up into the low 50's. It will be a sunny day.

Observation -- I have always contended that the Northeast is not a bad place to live if you can put up with the winters. The natural disasters which do occur in the Northeast are minimal compared to what is going on in other parts of the country. I couldn't bear thought of losing a home to spring flooding, wild fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, mudslides, etc.
It is also difficult to believe that today is the last day of March. Time seems to be flying by. Enjoy every moment that you are on this earth.

Well, I have to grab that second of coffee before finishing my morning routine.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: