Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

I was the first one to leave the house on Saturday. I visited Mom at the nursing home. Since the weather was nice, I wheeled her to an outdoor patio, and we got her some go old fresh air instead of breathing in the not so nice odors of the nursing home. Unknown to me, Dad came to visit while we were in the internal courtyard. No one at the nursing home knew where we were, but eventually Dad found us.

When I arrived home, Linda was just about ready to go out with her girlfriend. Since the weather was so nice, I should have done some yard work. Not! This retiree seems to do a good deal of procrastinating.
I decided to savor another book while watching some college basketball.

Linda walks in the house with a handful of stuff during the mid afternoon, and I thought she was done with her recreational shopping. She went off on her own to Walmart. She even asked if I wanted to go with her. My response was "No". She walked in at 7 PM with more treasures, but these were some basic necessities.

What to do for supper? We deiced to go to the East Side and use a pizza coupon that she got at one of those radio auctions.

"Spring Showers bring May Flowers" as the saying goes. We are in for a day of mostly rain, but the temperatures are only going to be in low 50's.

Politics -- Obama is going to be on one of the Sunday morning talk shows. I can't wait!

News -- How about the white guy who stole over 6oo bags at airports in Texas? He would wait until he saw the same bag go round and round with nobody there trying to pick it up. He got caught by accident when he went to sell one of the bags. A guy who bought one of the pilfered bags found a luggage tag in it, and he called the name of the person who was on the tag. This set the wheels in motion for a police investigation, and eventually they caught the thief.
I have been in very few airports where you have to show security your luggage receipts that match the tags on your bag.

Social Calendar -- I might be a participant in a trip to the nearest Cotsco's today (an hour away) with Linda and her girlfriend. If I get tired of shopping, I can eat my way through the free food samples. With the rainy forecast, I am betting the store will be packed. On second thought, I may just stay home and finish savoring my book.

Well, I have two newspapers to read as well as some computer stuff to do for Linda.
Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: