Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello on St. Patrick's Day

Dear Friends,
Linda and I made it through a busy Monday.

My routine check up at the dentist went okay. My dentist said that I have to floss more because gum disease is on the horizon if I don't.

I went from the dentist to the hospital to see Mom. She wasn't as bright and chipper as she was on Sunday.
Speaking of Mom, I did receive a call from my sister as round noon, and we (the doctors & family) decided to have mom discharged to the Laurel Lake Nursing home in Lee.
I don't know how things went because Linda and I went off to a cultural session at noon followed by lunch at the home of an Irish Sister City Committee member.
After an hour break, I went off to run a 4:30 PM UNICO board meeting, and a 6 PM UNICO membership meeting.
Needless to say, I was pretty tired as Tuesday came to an end.

While I was doing my UNICO thing, Linda was off playing Mah Jongg with a third set of friends.
Linda is giving up her Tuesday Mah Jongg session because we have a full schedule on the St. Patrick's Day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

My day starts in little over an hour. Our Irish Sister City guest from Ballina, and a few of us Pittsfield Sister City members are heading off to my old high school to do a live radio / public access television program at 8:30 AM. My school houses a radio station, manned by students and adult volunteers. I am part of the audience, and not part of the actual program. We have have a couple musicians all set to play a little music too.
After the 30 minute program, we will be visiting a history teacher's classroom where our sister city friend will be the guest lecturer.

After this morning affair, I am heading to Lee to visit Mom in the nursing home. I will come home and take a nap for sure because our day continues until the wee hours of the morning.
For supper, Linda and I and two tables worth of friends, will be going to a sold out function at the Italian American Club. We can't wait for the 6 PM Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner along with Pasta, and Chicken, Irish Soda Bread, etc.

No, the day doesn't end for the Curley's. We have a house party, which starts around 9 PM, at the home of a Pittsfield Irish Sister City Committee member.
I don't know how late we will stay at this event because we are off to a 9 AM funeral on Wednesday morning.

Politics -- I am siding with my Republican friends on this AIG matter. Bailing a company out, and having the company pay bonuses to their executives is a criminal act.

Well, it is time for me to finish my morning routine, and select my wardrobe appropriate for St. Patrick's Day. Even if you don't have know Irish blood flowing through your veins, make believe that you do.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: