Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that you all had a great Saturday because the Curley's did. Dad enjoyed the T-bone steak with all the fixings which I cooked for him at lunch time on Saturday. My meals are a little bit better than "meals on wheels".
While in Lee, I washed both his car and mine. I will wash Linda's car when it warms up today.

The corned beef and cabbage dinner at the Elk's Club went well last evening. A good time was had by all.
We left near 11 PM, but a group of people were going to "party on" at the Polish Falcon Hall. It was Kerioke Night at the Hall. Linda and I went home because we have a long day ahead of us.

We are off to the ITAM at 1 PM for an officer meeting. After this meeting we have a membership meeting which will include the election of officers.
No, we are not leaving the lodge after the meeting because we are staying for a corned beef and cabbage supper.

Politics -- As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I don't like the fact that Northern Ireland had some rioting going on from a splinter group of the IRA (Irish Republican Army). There has been peace in Ireland for 12 years, and this wacko group disrupted the peace.

Obama's positive outlook in these difficult times is the same thing that Reagan did when he took office.

Ice Fishing Bait -- I haven't been ice fishing in over three weeks. I had some left over bait from the last time which I went fishing. I have been removing dead bait on a daily basis, but I have two bait which are still alive. Maybe these super resilient bait are sending me a message that they are ready to help me catch the big one.
The lakes still have plenty of ice on them. There was even a car on the ice on Friday when we went off to the ITAM (overlooks Pontoosuc Lake)function. The ice is getting a little soft around the edges of the lakes. You wouldn't see me, and my car out there at this time of the year.

I just finished baking a couple of Irish Soda breads. They are for our personal consumption. As a matter of fact, we usually would have a house full of friends, and be serving up our own corned beef and cabbage dinner, and soda bread. We have been so busy, and have been going out so much, that we haven't had time to do so.
We still have another corned beef and cabbage dinner on Tuesday night at the Italian American Club. There will be plenty of food, fun and merriment at this affair since it is St. Patrick's Day, and the fact that the Italians are cooking the meal. Italians never ration their food.
In Massachusetts, all State workers, State colleges, etc. have the day off. It is called "Evacuation Day". This is one of those made up holidays created years ago. It really was set aside to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, get dressed, and head off to see Mom at the hospital, come home and wash Linda's car, and then head off to the ITAM for that 1 PM meeting mentioned above.

We have a great spring like day on tap for us today. Linda and I don't like the fact that we will be spending most of the time indoors at the ITAM.
One of these days we will have a free day, but that won't happen until the last week of March.

Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: