Friday, March 6, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Before I left the house on Thursday to visit dear old Mom, I set up the crock pot with with the ingredients for a red sauce to go on Penne Rigate. The visit, and our supper went very well.
Mom's sitter at the hospital was a really good and caring woman. She treated my mother like she was her own Mom. The sitter has been working at the hospital for over 46 years as a nurse, and in other various capacities.
Mom needed two units of blood on Thursday because her hemoglobin count was low. She had some pain in her heel of one of her legs which the nurse and doctors said was normal. Her blood pressure was starting to return to normal. I stayed with Mom from 8 AM until 1:30 PM. My sister was expected to arrive near 3 PM.
My sister was doing a little baby sitting for one of her grandchildren, and then she was going to go off to see how Dad was doing in Lee before heading to BMC. Dad had picked up a cold, and he was doing so so on Thursday.

We have a little ice outside before a warm up occurs. We have a stretch of weather for several days which will feel like a virtual heat wave compared to what we have been experiencing.

Politics -- The stock market continues to lose ground. Rush Limbaugh wants to debate Obama on his daily radio program.
The Doctor, whose name has been bantered around for the Surgeon General, has declined to take the job. A third child on the way, and giving up his practice at 39 years old were the deciding factors.

World news-- Women in Saudia Arabia are not allowed to drive cars. A twenty year old was arrested after she was involved trying to escape from the police. 125 women have been arrested during the past year.
I made a suggestion to Linda a while back to get rid of one of our cars, and try functioning with only one car. Her response was: "Are you nuts?" Luckily, the United States believes in "equal rights" when it comes to male / female issues.

I woke up to another weird dream. I was flying like Superman, but I wasn't fighting evil. I am trying to figure out why I dreamed such a dream. The only thing that I could think of was that Mom was visited, and blessed by the pastor of my mother and father's Church in Lee on Thursday. Maybe it was my soul, or Mom's soul going off to heaven. I only had one glass of red wine with the pasta supper so it couldn't be a dream fueled by alcohol.

I found two other things which a color blind person wouldn't be good at. We had some beautiful birds at my bird feeders the other day. I took out my "Pederson's Field Guide to Birds", and tried to identify which birds I was looking at. This was an exercise in futility.

I also wanted to try to "Fly Tying" for fishing. I think that might have a little trouble trying to create fly which would match the color of the real thing. The Flys would be quite colorful though.

Social Calendar -- There will be no crock pot supper this evening. Linda and I will be heading for the Shamrock Restaurant for supper. Last Friday, I made the decision that junk food at the Wolftones Concert could be a substitute for a normal supper. This was a huge mistake!

Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and head off to the hospital for a while. Since they have a sitter with Mom, I don't feel so guilty leaving her alone. My father's health is another issue.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: