Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,
Our Monday went as planned, and it turned out to be a very pleasant one.

Linda never left the house until we went off to the Political Fundraiser Roast Beef Dinner at the Italian American Club.
Me on the other hand, made my first stop at the ITAM a little before 9 AM. I left my jacket there on Sunday after the Pasta Fundraiser.

With two slices of soda bread, I headed off to Berkshire Medical Center to visit Mom. Her roommate, who had sinus surgery, was packing up, and going through the discharge process.
Mom's sitter was assigned to a different person in the hospital because the doctors and head nurse didn't think that she needed a sitter. I tried to explain why she still needed one, but I wasn't successful.
After a couple hour visit, I said "Bye" to Mom, and headed off to the East Side Cafe to return some left over paper products from the Sunday Fund Raiser.
Yes, I needed an afternoon nap before going to our evening adventure.

The family style roast beef dinner, at the Politcal Fund Raiser, was wonderful. Since the upstairs room was filled, we ended up at long tables in the bar area along with 50 or 60 other people who didn't make reservations. The kitchen at the Italian American Club is one flight of stairs above the bar area so serving us was not a problem.

When we arrived home it was decision time for me. Do I watched "Dancing with the Stars" with Linda, or the terrorist fighting Jack Bauer from the weekly series called "24". Which program do you think I chose to watch?
Yes, I should of shut off the television, and read a good book, but I just finished savoring one in the morning. I have already read two of the top five books, and I didn't have another book to read. Linda, my book supplier, is working on getting me some new books.

Politics -- Clinton played the Saxaphone, and Obama dances.
Speaking of dancing, a political analyst thinks that Obama is a centrist at the present time.

Social Calendar -- I will be off to see Mom in a little while. Linda has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg Session from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM.
Yes, we have evening activities, and a semi conflict. We have an Irish Sister City meeting, at which I am the recording secretary, and a prayer service at a funeral home for a deceased ITAM member. Both events start at the same time of 6 PM. The plan is for Linda to act as the recoding secretary, which she dislikes, and me go off to the prayer service. Luckily the funeral home and the Sister City meeting place is less than a mile from one another. I will be at the Sister City meeting shortly after it starts.

After the meeting, I think that we might be heading to O'Laughlin's for a little food , fun, and merriment since every Tuesday is an Irish Session at the Pub.
Some of you reading this e-mail might think that the Curley's are a bit overbooked, but after dealing with Mom's health issues since December 25, 2008, it is sinking in that the "Golden Years" are just a myth.

While at the Politcal Fund Raiser, we saw the parents of one of Kevin's High School classmates. We asked, the former mayor how his five month old male grandchild was doing, he said: "Not good". The baby is in the hospital fighting for his life. He has MRSA. The doctors tried to find out the reason for the high fever, etc. The grandmother, who has a nursing background, kept on asking them to test for MSRA. When they finally did, that was the diagnosis. The family is surmising that the disease was picked up at the child care facility.

Weather -- We should be exiting the 20 degree range pretty soon. The dirty snow is all covered up with a dusting of the white stuff. We have a wintry mix coming in late this evening before changing to rain. Winter doesn't want to lose its grip in the Berkshires.

Cars, and car commercials -- While watching television last evening, I was bombarded with car commercials. Have you noticed how fast they show the cars, and the angle which they show them. The newest fleet of cars are really small, and short.
When I park my 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon next to the large SUV's and trucks, I feel like I am driving a toy car. The height of my car is at the height where the gas cap is located on those huge vehicles. Some of the trucks, which my friends own, have more rubber in one of their tires than I have in all of my four tires combined. If I ever got into an accident with these vehicles, I would be the one transported to the hospital.

Well, I have to finish my quiet morning routine before heading off to the hospital.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: