Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Sunday went as planned except that I didn't stop in to visit Mother dear.

Speaking of Mother, my father has decided that Mom will be taken care of at home. We haven't worked out all the details, but it is going to happen this week. Yes, we will need to arrange health care workers, and the Lee Visiting Nurse Association to help with the care.
Mom does have two appointments today, and we will go from there. The saga continues!

The Cotsco trip on Sunday went well. The free food wasn't their best offerings on this day. After loading up the trunk of the car with stuff from Costco's, we (there were four of us) decided to eat a Carabba's in West Springfield. The food was great, and we have some leftover's to enjoy today.

I even came home in time to eventually watch four sporting contests. The sporting contests were NCAA Basketball, Tiger Woods coming from behind, and making a birdie putt on the final hole for a win, the Boston Celtics, and the Boston Bruins winning their games also. I even savored a few more pages of my latest book while watching all of these sporting contests.

Politics -- I never did watch Obama on the Sunday morning talk show. I was working on a computer project for Linda. If I wasn't so technically challenged, the project would have taken no time at all.

News -- Even though I am not allowed to have a Face Book account because I often get myself in trouble, I did read about a crime that was solved by a woman who broadcast to all of her friends about the car window smashing incident which happened in her neighborhood. As the story kept on being passed on to friend after friend, an 18 year old boy was eventually apprehended on the street where the vandalism occurred. The woman's husband, who disliked the concept of Face Book, was now singing its praises.

Social Calendar -- Linda has BONCO this evening at a friend's home at 7 PM. My sister, Dad, and I will be with Mom at her two appointments for most of the day. The appointments take place at the hospital, and at the Medical Arts Complex next door.

Weather -- It did rain and hail, and we did have thunder and lightening while I was watching my sporting contests.
We are in for another cool and damp day with the chance of more showers.

Our friend from the eastern end of the State has finished his last round of Chemo. It is now a matter of getting his body to return to a state where he can resume his normal activities. He has been "to hell and back" as the saying goes. Let the good times role!

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: