Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is a balmy 8 degrees with a wind chill below zero. Not exactly a day for me to go ice-fishing.

Actually I am not thinking about ice-fishing. Mom had a set back yesterday. She was transported to Berkshire Medical Center for emergency surgery to remove an arterial blood clot. Marie was with my mother as the hospital was gathering a surgical team late last night. The surgery was going to take place a little after midnight. I will be heading to the hospital pretty soon to see how things went.

On a happier note, Linda is hosting her Tuesday Mah Jongg session. The ladies will be arriving at 11:30 AM. Linda whipped up a crock pot pea soup to go along with whatever lunch the ladies have decided to bring for themselves. I hope that I am around to have lunch with the ladies.

Politics -- The Dow dropped below 7,000 which is the worse since 1997. I hope that the bleeding stops soon.

Well, I have to end this e-mail, and set up a card table. In the winter time, the ladies like to be able to play in our family room, and look through the sliding glass door to the deck. They love to watch the birds and squirrels gobble up the sun flower seeds which we put out.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: