Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

The Queen has asked me to stay away from controversial subjects. I love the discussion traveling back and forth over highways of the internet. I love it when the people who just want to read my e-mail, and not get involved, do speak up. We all have an opinion, and I am so glad to hear their opinion.
My eldest son might be a good candidate to represent the Republican perspective if he runs for political office.

Politics -- I did watch the rerun of the Jay Leno show before we went out last evening. Obama was so good when Jay asked him the difficult questions. Obama answered them with ease. He explained the AIG situation so that the average person could understand how the crisis started in the first place.
The President came across like a person that you would want to "hang out" with as well as "shoot a few hoops" with too.
What a refreshing change from the guy who used to make up words, and murder the English language.
Obama seemed very sincere in his efforts to right a sinking ship. I am so glad that I cast a Presidential vote for Obama.
He did make one error when he referred to his bowling skills to that of a Special Olympian. The apology went out before his plane landed at the President's next venue.
I am convinced that President Obama can make a difference in world politics as well as the rest of the issues which he said that he would address if elected President.

Our dinner and a concert went okay last evening. I will explain the "okay" part as I continue this e-mail. There were seven us at the reserved table. The friend of a friend sat next to Linda. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but the guy and his clothes reeked of cigarette smoke. My decreased ability to smell actually became a positive. For an hour and one half she tried to enjoy her meal as she got whiffs of stale cigarette smoke.
The different foods which we ordered were super.
We did have one little problem as we exited the Pub. The waitress chased us out the door, and said that we didn't completely pay the bill. Linda distinctly remembered putting down two $20 bills plus a couple of ones. The bartender came over to the waitress as Linda and the waitress were looking on the floor at our table, and said that he found a twenty dollar bill on the floor. We will never pay cash for a meal again. A piece of plastic is the way to go.

The Celtic Concert was okay, but not great. The multiple musicians, singers, and dancers did a very job, but they just didn't get the crowd into it. At one point, I thought it was the crowd, but then I realized it was the program itself. Linda bought our tickets at a radio auction. She bid on two tickets for the price of one. We were so glad that we didn't pay full price.

I did visit Mom twice on Friday. The second time was to speak to a case worker who was talking about discharging Mom back to the Laurel Lake Nursing Home. The medical staff are still giving Mom antibiotics, her leg is still swollen, and she still has MRSA. I told the case worker that we didn't want a repeat of the last discharge when Mom lasted 24 hours in the nursing home before being shipped back to Berkshire Medical Center.

In between visits to see Mom I did a preliminary cleanup of the garage. I was moving some of my ice fishing gear, and I checked on the two bait left in my bait bucket. I thought they would be among the departed. These miracle fish are still alive. Two bait, in the same water which I haven't changed in three weeks. They also survived without me giving them any food which we normally never do.
I am almost tempted to get a fish bowl , and put them in it, and actually feed them. These bait need to be in oxygenated water or to be put in a Styrofoam bait bucket if they are going to continue to survive. This has to be some kind of omen. I do hope that it is a positive one.

Social Calendar -- We are off to a house party this evening. This means that Linda and I will have been out for 9 consecutive days. Sunday, Linda is going off to a concert in a neighboring town with one of her girl friends. I finally will have a day of rest.
Sunday, I will be preparing material for the two radio programs which I will be making a guest appearance on. The first program takes place at 7:30 AM on Monday morning.

I just started savoring another book. I think that we finally have a light week coming up, and I might have time to read the book.
If the weather is nice next week, our yard, and flower beds could do with a little work. The ground is still frozen in different parts of our yard.

Today is my sister's birthday. She is out of town for a few days so that means we can't celebrate it with her.

Have to finish my morning routine before heading off to the hospital to visit Mom.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: