Monday, March 16, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Sunday went as planned. We had our second corned beef and cabbage dinner, but this time it was at our Italian Lodge.

Today is a busy day for the Curley Lad, but I will be Italian on this day, and not Irish.
After a visit to my dentist for a routine check up and cleaning, I have to make sure Dad makes it to his follow up visit at the pain clinic in Pittsfield at 10:30 AM.
I will squeeze in a visit to see Mom at the hospital before taking an early afternoon nap.
I am off to a UNICO board meeting at 4:30 PM followed by a 6 PM membership meeting. The dinner at our meeting will be delivered by a person who owns a Chinese Restaurant so we won't be having corned beef and cabbage this evening.

I think that Linda doesn't have to leave the house until this evening which is when she goes off to play Mah Jongg in West Stockbridge. This session will take place with a third set of friends. Linda is in demand!

Politics -- The usual mayhem throughout the world took place over the weekend.
I am hoping that the stock market continues to rebound, and head in a positive direction.
The Massachusetts political system is plodding along. Our governor has everyone in an uproar because he filled a position which has been vacant for over 10 years with a person who will receive the usual high priced salary, and the eventual super pension perks.
When will Minnesota make a decision with the race which involved the comedian Al Frankcen? You have an election which is close, you have a recount, you check to see if all the votes were from people who do exist, and then you make a decision as to who the winner is. If I was from Minnesota, I would want to be represented in congress as we progress through these first 100 days during the new President's term of office.

Sports -- I haven't seen a Boston Celtic Basketball Game, or a Boston Bruins game in over a week.
I am concerned about the injuries of certain players of the Boston Red Sox baseball team during Spring training. Pedroia was experiencing so much pain in a leg that he had to go back to Boston to have a medical team take a look. You can't afford to have the league's MVP out of the lineup at the start of the season.

Local news -- Our Berkshire Eagle on Sunday had a multiple page article of one set of people who lived through the Stock Market crash of 1929 / World War II, and then a another article of people who are trying to make it through life in 2009. I liked the comment of one of the people from the current time. He said that he hasn't changed his life style one bit. He spends his whole life living like there is a recession (or depression). He said that he : "Purchases the basic necessities, pays his bills on time". He also said that: he has "always lived a frugal life style", and that he is "perfectly content" to do so.

Well, I have to finish my quiet morning routine before heading off to the dentist. I hope that the routine dentist appointment finds no problems. During the last routine visit, the dentist knocked out a filling, and had to fix it before I got out of the chair. When business is slow, I guess a dentist can create business.

Have a great week, at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: