Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Friday went as planned.
Linda's eye exam lasted three hours. Yes, this is not an exaggeration. This is why I never ask her if she wants me to take herto the Optometrist. The new multi-hundred dollar glasses will be arriving soon. My next pair will be similar in price too. I might wait until next year to make an appointment.

Linda and I dined separately on Friday night. As I was gorging myself at Cranwell Resort & Spa, I was asking myself what I was really doing? I really didn't need all the food that was available from appetizers to desserts. It would have more healthy for me if I went with Linda and a couple of friends to the Shamrock and had a Chef's salad.

The editor of the Berkshire gave his support to the person running against my friend. I am hoping that the endorsement doesn't mean much, but you never know.

I finished savoring another book just before starting this e-mail. The was a Michael Palmer book called "The Second Opinion". It was a bit longer than the two Jessie Stone books which I read.

Social Calendar -- I don't see anything listed on the calendar, but that usually changes quite quickly.

Politics -- I am still trying to figure out the mind of a suicide bomber. To kill 40 people at a place of worship doesn't make sense to me. Religion does seem to be a major factor of many of the bad things going on in the world today.
Even the Pope, with his stance on condom use, has caused quite a stir in the world. The world is changing and evolving, should the religions of the world be doing the same. The fire and brimstone teachings, and that we humans are sinners by nature might have to be looked at. The old ways don't always work.

The website for grocery store didn't prove to be fruitful. I could call up the grocery store flier, but the not the $1 off coupons. Oh Darn!

Have a great Saturday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: