Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went as planned. I was the first one to leave the house. I did go off and visit Mom for a short amount of time, but I decided to spend more time with dear old dad in Lee.
When I arrived at the family home in Lee, my father wasn't there. He was doing his normal routine with his senior friends at the local Mc Donald's. The "meals on wheels" person arrived a few minutes before my father arrived home. I decided to treat my father to a homemade meal of stuffed pork chops, asparagus tips, and a baked potato. The meals on wheels was some kind of hamburger helper concoction which I know that my father really doesn't like. Well, dear old dad was a member of the clean plate club. I toasted up a couple pieces of soda bread for dessert.

When I arrived home in the middle of the afternoon, Linda wasn't home. She was off at one of our grocery stores which had one of those "buy one get two items free." Sometimes this is not a deal, but Linda knows her prices.

Our evening adventure went well. I thought that we were going to see the Chinese Acrobats with another couple. Not! It was Linda & I, and the wife of another couple. The husband of the other couple had his last day of ski club (from the high school which he teaches at)at Jimny Peak. He is the chaperon of this ski club. The snow was so awful that the skiing was canceled. This friend did arrive home in time to accompany his wife to the performance. He chose to stay home. I was jealous.

The Chinese Acrobats were very talented, and did put on an entertaining show. Linda and her friend loved every minute of the performance.
For me, the best part of the evening was the meal at Patrick's Pub.

Kyla had a doctor's appointment yesterday. The ultra sound determined that Linda and I will be grandparents of a baby boy in August. Linda and I are so happy for them.

Our Irish guest arrived in Pittsfield last evening about the same time that the Colonial Theater programmed ended. It was only 9:30 PM, and I was ready to party, but had no one (except for Linda) to party with.

Social Calendar -- Our first meeting with our Irish guest is lunch at DelGallo's. This evening I am going to a Health Care Meeting at 6:30 PM. Linda scheduled a session of Mah Jongg at our house around the same time.
I am guessing that we will be doing a little socializing with our Irish friends at some point after our activities.

World Events -- I wish that these people who decide to go on a killing rampages just kill themselves, and not hurt or kill innocent people. Maybe doctors should have access to cyanide pills so that they could write out a prescription for these wacky people.
How about the naked guy who jumped into the frigid waters at Niagra Falls, and survived going over the Falls? I would bet that he wanted to kill himself. He would have been a good candidate for one of those cyanide pills.

It is a balmy 22 degrees outside right now. A cold front will keep us in the 30's all day long. Temperatures moderate by the weekend.

Well, I have to get my raisins, for my next batch of soda bread, and start soaking them in some Irish Whiskey. The raisins will be drunk by the time I bake a couple of loaves of the Irish Soda Bread on Saturday morning. Happy raisins make for a good soda bread.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: