Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,
Our Sunday went as planned for the most part. Our Sunday Boston Globe was not delivered. We did call our delivery person, but she was without a car when we told her of the problem. If we had called the Boston Globe, the deliverer would have been penalized. We already got her in trouble once before.

I did go off and visit Mom. I thought she was doing okay. I was there when lunch was delivered, and I thought she ate very well. About an hour after lunch, I told Mom that I had some things to do around the exterior of the house. She gave me a kiss goodbye, but her parting comment brought a tear to my eye. She said "Thank You for coming to watch your Mother die."

On a happier note, I did my outdoor project, fed the birds, and put out some new bird houses. I did have a little difficulty with the last item. The ground is still frozen in different parts of the yard, especially in places where I really wanted to put up the poles and bird houses.

Social Calendar -- I am off for my first radio program in a little over an hour. I have to remember to not babble too much. This advice was from adviser, and wife.
I will go from the second radio program to visit Mom at the hospital. The case worker is working on discharge stuff for dear old Mom. She will be discharged, and returned to the Laurel Lake facility in Lee either today or tomorrow.
When I come home, I have to help Linda with those Easter Decoration issues. We never did get to them on Sunday.
We can't postpone this work because Linda is hosting Mah Jongg this evening.
I have the crock pot fired up right now. A crock pot is set for 10 hours. We are having a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions.
It is still not great grilling weather around here. We are still in the 40 degree for the Highs and Lows in the teens type of the weather. Today, we might not even reach 40 degrees.

Linda and her girlfriend did have a fun time shopping and doing dinner and a concert. I was happy watching basketball, and savoring a book.

Politics -- The usual mayhem throughout the world continues.
The Sunday morning talks show had a lot of action. A lot of politicians have all the answers to many of the recession type problems. Letting all these businesses fail seems to be a common theme. I will stick with the Democratic Party approach that the "Let them fail" concept may not be the best way to attack the problem.

Well, I have to finish my brief morning routine, and head off to the radio station.
Have a great week at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: