Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda and I both had a long Tuesday. As I suspected she did overdose on Mah Jongg. Her usual Tuesday day session went well, but I think that she came home exhausted after the evening session. I was in bed trying to stay up and watch the 10 PM news, and I missed most of it until a loud commercial woke me up. I think that she came home near 11 PM.
My day started with me savoring a complete book from 5:30 AM until 9:30 AM. I quickly got dressed , and headed off to see dear old mom at the hospital. When the case worker saw me, she set the discharge paperwork in motion. By 2:30 PM, we were exiting the hospital. Mom was put in a wheel chair, and got a ride in a "Cabulance" to the Laurel Lake Rehabilitation Center in Lee. I arrived about 5 minutes after the Cabualnce arrived. Dad met us at the door.
After we got Mom settled, I said my "Goodbye's", and headed home.
I will be off to see Mom at some point today.
While I was dealing with Mom, my sister was flying in from Arizona to Hartford. She was going to visit Mom on her way back to Pittsfield.
The saga continues.

On a happier note, I think that our calendar is totally free today. We haven't had a free day in over two weeks. We might even catch a movie if all goes well.

Politics -- I watched the second half of our President's Speech last evening because I was reading another book, and I forgot that the President was addressing the nation. Actually, I got caught up in a Red Sox vs Yankees preseason baseball game which the Sox eventually lost.
When the person whom you support is speaking, you always thinks that his speech, and the way he answered questions was great.
I did see where Jindal from Louisiana, and a few of his Republican friends want the President to fail in his approach to solving the crisis which we are in. Jindal is one of the few governors who doesn't want to take any stimulus Package money from the Federal Government. I would bet that the constituents from his State are not in agreement with him. His State is still dealing with the aftermath of the Katrina hurricane, and could use as much Federal help as he can get.

Weather -- It is going to warm up today (50's today) before the active pattern throughout the United States heads us, in the Northeast, back to the cooler temperatures. We have some rain coming in later on in the week.

I was thinking about many of our friends who left for Florida just after Christmas. They left with the ground covered with snow, and ice, and they will be returning to spring like temperatures. While I was firing up the snow blower, and shoveling the steps, they were walking on the beaches in summer wear. I used every winter coat, set of boots, and hats, and gloves, drilled holes through ice over 15 inches thick while ice-fishing while some of my friends were playing tennis, Bocce, and playing golf, and jumping in hot tubs.
Our golf courses are finally starting to thaw out, and they will be opening pretty soon.
Am I rethinking the way that retired people should be spending their winters? Many of our friends, have already booked in the winter months to places which have warmer climates. Should Linda and I be doing the same thing?

Have to go, and finish my morning routine. Part of the morning routine might be getting a little trim from my hairstylist, and wife. My hair is starting to be a little wild. I don't want to scare the grandchild the next time that we go to visit her.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: