Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went as planned for the most part. I visited Mom at the hospital, and Dad in Lee.
Linda and I did lunch at the Shamrock because we had an evening function to attend.

Speaking of the evening function, it was awful. I am so glad that I didn't invite some of my closest friends because they would never return to an ITAM function ever again.
It got so bad that I invited about 15 people to party in the Curley basement for a couple of hours before the first intermission. At first, Linda was a bit crazed because we really had no plans of having this impromptu affair. Luckily, we keep our house in order, so a quick set up of some coffee pots, snack food , and beverages (which we always have in the bar in the basement) could be done before the guests arrived.
After a couple of hours of fun and merriment, some guests headed home while other went off to Pepe's on Wahconah Street where one of our Irish Sister City members is the D.J.
Linda and I decided to pass on this affair especially since I have a busy Saturday.

After finishing this e-mail, I am going to make a couple of loaves of Irish Soda Bread, head off to Lee to cook Dad a healthy meal for lunch, visit Mom at the hospital on the way home, take an afternoon nap in preparation for the Irish American Club function at the Elk's Club this evening.
I am taking a rain check on Marching in the 2 PM Albany, New York St. Patrick's Day Parade as well helping my UNICO brothers and sisters cook for another Pasta Fundraiser at Lenox High School from 5 Pm to 7 PM.

Politics -- Obama is upbeat about the recovery. What else can I say?

Have a great weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: