Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

I left the house a little after 8 AM on Wednesday, and headed for the hospital. I checked myself into the emergency room, and remained there until I was discharged around 1:15 PM. I had a leg that was bothering me for a couple of days. Luckily, my self diagnosis of a blood clot proved to be false. The doctor ordered a blood test, and ultrasound. The ultrasound showed no existence of a blood clot. The blood test, which was done twice, showed a false / positive result which the doctor said could of been done by the person drawing the blood.
My leg problem turned out to be a hamstring pull. The doctor asked me if I remember doing something unusual to have caused the muscle pull. Doctor Linda Curley said that it probably was a "recliner chair" injury. Our couches, have ends which turn into recliner chairs. When you get up from the chairs, you have to push hard with the lower part of your legs to snap the bottom of the chair back into the normal position. Did you ever hear of such a thing?


After my ordeal, I went to visit Mom in ICU. She had what they call a "sitter" with her so that she wouldn't pull out tubes which were hooked up to monitors. She finally was allowed to have food and water at supper time. My sister said that she "ate like a trooper." If she continues to get well today, they will most likely transfer her to a regular room.
I have the morning shift of being with Mom today.

Politics -- The usual mayhem throughout the world. Hillary is trying to broker a little peace between the Israeli and Palestinians. Obama is trying to make it through his first 100 days, but it hasn't been easy so far. Every move he makes is scrutinized with a "Fine tooth Comb." Obama can handle the criticism.

Weather -- Even though it is 8 degrees this morning, we will hit the mid thirties by 5 PM. We then have some spring like weather heading our way for several days. It will take more that few days to melt the ice on our frozen lakes.

Social Calendar -- Linda has a Mah Jongg game session scheduled this evening, but it might have to be canceled due to a lack of getting four players together. I will be spending most of my day with Mom.

Sports -- Manny Ramierez signed for the same deal which the Red Sox offered him when he was with Boston. Terrell Owens was released by the Dallas Cowboys. My Boston Celtics won their game during the last few minutes of the fourth quarter.

Well, have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: