Monday, March 9, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Sunday went as planned, but I did come home exhausted.

I spent a couple hours with Mom during Sunday morning. Her leg pain continues. I was able to get her mind off of the pain when I had her try a slice of my soda bread. She loved it!

Linda had woken up just before I went off to the hospital. She had a few hours of peace and quiet to read the local newspaper, and the Boston Globe. By the time I got home she was getting dressed, getting ready to go off to do her thing, which was lunch and the Shakespearean Play with a girl friend.

Before I headed off to the Pasta Fund Raiser, I had to run an errand at one of our local radio stations. The radio station had a Radio Auction on Saturday. Linda purchased a three items, and the pick up was between 12 and 3 PM on Sunday.

The Pasta Fund Raiser at the ITAM, for the boy who has leukemia, went very well. My UNICO brothers and sisters served over 300 people once again. There was much fun and merriment in the kitchen. I might have a had a glass or two of homemade red wine during the fund raiser. The guy who made the wine can't even drink his own wine. He is on Coumadin, and he is getting ready for a little heart surgery.

Politics / World News -- The usual mayhem throughout the world continues.
British soldiers were shot while laying on the ground in one troubled area.
A Saudia women is going to get 40 lashes for "Mingling". Equal rights for women is a long way off in certain countries.
The world is waiting to see what happens in the United States stock market this week. Let us hope that the downward trend comes to an end.

Social Calendar -- Linda and I are booked into events for the next 12 or 13 days. One or both of us have something during every one of these days. Some days we have multiple events / meetings / wake prayer service, and we will have to decide which ones to attend. We also have a guest from out Irish Sister City who will be with us through the St.Patrick's Day holiday. She arrives on Wednesday evening, and we have a full agenda for her for 6 consecutive days. I am pretty much exhausted just looking at our calendar for March.
Tonight we are going off to the Italian American Club for a Roast Beef Dinner / Political Fund Raiser. I know every one of the kitchen crew, and I am certain that they will put out a meal to remember. The cost is $15 per person which is a bargain in the scheme of things. Anyone receiving this e-mail can join Linda and I if they wish, just for the fun and merriment.

I went to bed too early last night. I am paying the price right now. I will finish savoring a book until Linda wakes up. I will need a nap for sure before our evening event.

My first activity today is a visit with Mom at the hospital. Yes, I will bring her a couple of slices of my soda bread for her mid morning snack.

Have a great week at work or play.
Spring is in the air even though we might get a couple inches of snow during the next few days.
People are still driving their cars and trucks on the lakes in the Berkshires. The ice depth is 23 inches.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: