Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

My military son corrected me with respect to daylight savings time. I will be seeing, and hearing the birds later in the evening, and not in the morning.

I didn't win the Soda Bread Contest. I did cut up the winning soda bread, and plated it (there were 13 entries). We were supposed to submit one soda bread cut up into cubes so that the pieces could be picked up with a tooth pick, and the second soda bread for sale. The winner didn't follow directions, but that is okay because his bread was voted the best. His differed from all the rest of the soda breads because he put in caraway seeds. No, I am not going to change my recipe.
Someone did purchase my extra soda bread. They will know how good mine really was.

Linda went off for a little recreational shopping with two girl friends at the Lee Outlets while I was dealing with the soda bread contest set up. I even squeezed in a nap before returning to help with the cleanup.

Politics -- The mayhem throughout the world continues. A United States drone was shot down at one battlefield area. Will people in world ever live in peace and harmony? Most of us in the United states are worrying about the economy, jobs, and how to pay our bills.

How about the shooting at a dance club in Maryland? A conflict arose on the dance floor, and three people were shot, and one person was killed. What happened to a good old conflict being resolved with fists instead of guns and knives? Some of these people do these things just like they do in those darn violent video games. The stupid people can't separate the video game from real life.

Social Calendar -- I am picking up a friend at 1:15 PM today. We are part of the UNICO volunteer crew whom will be preparing, serving, and cleaning up for a Pasta Fund Raiser for an Elementary School boy who is dealing with leukemia. We are serving between 4:30 PM and 7 PM.
Linda will be heading off to do lunch and a Shakespearean Play with a girl friend. I am so happy that she is happy!

While visiting Mom in the hospital, I saw another person whom I know on the same floor. I stopped in their room to say "Hello". The lady was in there because during a routine colonoscopy, the doctor puncture her colon. While I was there, the poor lady's face was swollen because she had an allergic reaction to the pain medicine. Her daughter was there visiting her. The daughter said that she never had a colonoscopy before. After seeing her mother there, I am not sure if she ever will.

My mother is no longer in ICU. She wasn't doing well with respect to leg pain, which the doctors said was normal. Her ankles on both legs were swollen, and causing her quite a bit of uncomfortableness. She wants to get out of bed , and move around, but the condition of her legs won't allow her to do so. She still does have a sitter with her, which is good for my sister and I.
When I stop in to visit her this morning, I will bring a couple of pieces of some buttered soda bread for a mid morning snack.

I did find another thing which a color blind person might need a little help with. My soda bread recipe said to cook until "Golden Brown." What does "Golden Brown" mean for a color blind person?

Well, I have to get dressed, and head off to the hospital.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: