Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

The dirty snow will be but a memory before this coastal storm is over. We are too far west to get any of the foot or more accumulations which will fall from the middle of the State to the Boston area. We will still be getting enough so that I will have to snow blow the sidewalks, and path to my bird feeders.

Linda left the house to join the throngs of people in the grocery store getting food supplies in case we get snowed in.
Speaking of food, the crock pot has been brewing all night with a ham and lentil soup. I just gave it a stir, and it smells delightful.

I left the house, and visited Mom while Linda was at the grocery store. Mom was doing okay. No, she was doing very well when I gave her some sliced up pineapple which was infused in some grappa.

My sister and her husband arrived back from Florida, and visited Mom at supper time. When I told her about the winter storm warning for the Berkshires, she wished that she had stayed in Florida for a few more days.

Politics -- Iran wants the Israeli Leaders, both political and military, to be prosecuted as war criminals for military action in Gaza.
Will the stock market ever return from its all time lows?

News -- How about the car dealership which is selling car with the same gimmick which stores use of buy one, and get one for a $1. Don't I wish that I could participate in this deal!

Social Calendar -- Linda has a Mah Jongg scheduled for today, but she isn't sure where it will be held.
I want to stay home and enjoy the snow fall, but I might end up visiting Mom if the roads are okay.

Sports -- My Celtics lost at home.
The Patriots traded Cassel, and Vrable to Kansas City for a 34th round draft pick. The fans of the Kansas City Chiefs are looking forward to a winning season for the first time in a very long time especially since they already have Scott Pioli, the former player personnel guy from the Patriots.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: