Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Saturday went as planned from my perspective. I visited mom through her breakfast, and then headed home to do my projects. Taking all the stuff out of the storage shed, and putting in two snow blowers, and ice fishing gear, etc. in a orderly manner was quite a challenge. I had to work around a riding lawnmower, and a self propelled lawn mower too.
It was so exhausting that I needed a nap while Linda went off to do errands, one of which was to purchase food for the appetizer which we were bringing to the dinner party.

The dinner party went very well as I watched, off and on, the Red Sox play one of those marathon games. The game was so long, and there were so many runs scored by both teams that I had to finish watching it at the concert which we attended. The Sox 16 to 11 victory sounds more like a score from a football game than a baseball game.
The Yankees and Red Sox do battle this evening at 8 PM EST on national television. As I said in previous e-mails, I will be at tonight's game.

The concert was fun. I guess that I didn't realize how much better it is to have a live band as opposed to a D.J. The band was right out of the 70's, and they had the whole place rocking. There was no rap music at this place. It was baby boomer heaven with a few youngsters thrown in. One guy from a table next to us came back from a restroom stop, and sat at our table by mistake. I tried to carry on a conversation, but he was incoherent. After a few minutes, he did realize that he was at the wrong table.
Our table of eight started to do shots of tequila. I did participate in consuming a few shots of the Mexican firewater.

Linda is not happy that she will be spending her afternoon at the ITAM while I am having fun in Boston at the game. I told her to compare it to when she and her girlfriends do dinner and a movie while I am home alone.

Linda and I didn't mean to get so defensive with respect to our teaching careers. Our lives right now are going in the direction we hoped that it would, and "Life is good". I am thinking that there are some people who are not happy because Linda and I are always so happy, and upbeat. Do I detect a bit of jealousy?

Well, I have to get to the Boston Globe. Our local newspaper was a quick read today.
Have a great Sunday.
Go Red Sox!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: