Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

After today, we won't need the air conditioners for over a week. We had them cranked up last evening.

We have a busy day ahead of us. I have to exit the house before 7 AM to make sure Mom gets through breakfast okay.
I will return home to help Linda set up for her Tuesday Mah Jongg Session since she is hosting it today. If the day wasn't so hectic, I would grill some burgers and hot dogs for the ladies.
As you know, her Tuesday session goes from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM.

When Mah Jongg is over, Linda will be representing the family at a wake for the 95 year old mother of a friend of ours. We normally would be attending the wake together, but I was asked to work a Polenta Dinner fund raiser for a local Church. I will be part of the serving, and clean up crew. I got involved because one of my UNICO guys is the head chef for today's dinner.

Swine Flu was the most talked about item in world news on Monday. We just had some friends come back from a Mexican resort who said that they were flu free. They were actually in a part of Mexico where the flu didn't originate from. I am betting that there will be some super offers for Mexican destinations in the next few days, but who in their right mind would want to travel there.

The influx of stimulus funds have spiked a flurry of home-financing activities for our local financial institutions. Like I always said: "Give our President a chance, and things will turn out okay."

My Red Sox have taken over first place in their division. The team had several heroes last evening. When both starting pitchers left the game, the score was zero to zero. Boston's bullpen came through once again. Jason Bay cracked a three run homer in the top of the ninth, and that was all the Sox needed to win the game.

I should be home in time to watch the last couple of periods of the Boston Bruin playoff game this evening.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: